- Prof. 1-700 WoD
- Cata Profession Perks/Bonus/Benefits List
- Alchemy Guide 1-700 WoD
- Blacksmithing Guide 1-700 WoD
- Enchanting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Inscription Guide 1-700 WoD
- Engineering Guide 1-700 WoD
- Jewelcrafting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Leatherworking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Tailoring Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining/Herb Combo Guide 1-700 WoD
- Smelting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Skinning Guide 1-700 WoD
- Herbalism Guide 1-700 WoD
- Archaeology Guide 1-700 WoD
- Cooking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Fishing Guide 1-700 WoD
- First Aid Guide 1-700 WoD
- MoP Prep: All Professions 1-525 Video
- Skinning Guide 500-600 MoP
- WoD Leveling Fishing to 700: Darkmoon Faire
- Gold Making
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Elixir/Flask Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Transmute Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Potion Spec
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining/Herb Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Mining Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Mining Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Cooking Gold Guide
- MoP: Skinning Gold Guide: Ep.1
- Stock Up List for Patch 5.2
- MoP: JC Gold Making Guide P1
- Farming in MoP EP.1: Mote of Harmony & Skyshards
- Farming in MoP EP.2: Mote of Harmony: Kun-Lai
- MoP Gold Making Ep.1 - 261k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.2 - 268k in 1day
- MoP Gold Making Ep.3 - 157k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.4 - 342k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.5 - 235k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.6 - 529k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.7 - 331k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.8 - 134k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.9 - 141k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.10 - 213k in 3days
- Adventures to 1mil: ALL
- Gold Capped Fun Videos
- Lowbie & AH Gold Guides
- Older Gold Making
- Mists of Pandaria: Stockpile List
- Alchemy Gold Guides
- Blacksmithing Gold Guides
- Enchanting Gold Guides
- Engineering Gold Guides
- Fishing: Best Northrend Spots!
- Herbalism Gold Guides
- Inscription Gold Guides
- Jewelcrafting Gold Guides
- Leatherworking Gold Guides
- Mining Gold Guides
- Tailoring Gold Guides
- Skinning Gold Guides
- Instance Farming Gold
- Outdoor Farming Gold
- Cooking Gold Guide - Old
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Deepholm
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Twilight
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Uldum
- Mining/Herb Gold Guides
- Archaeology Gold P4.3
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Kun-Lai Summit
- WoD: Alchemy Gold Making Guide
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- Routes (Map Drawing) Addon Guide
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P2
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P1
- Auctionator (Auction House) Addon Guide
- Bagnon (Bag Organization) Addon Guide
- Recount (Damage Meter) Addon Guide
- How to Make: Mass Turn In Macro
- SellJunk Addon Guide
- Postal (Mail) Addon Guide
- BankStack (Organization) Addon Guide
- Tarou's Custom Routes
- Auctioneer Addon Guide - Old
- Quick Auctions 3 Guide - Old
- Random Raiding Strats
- Icecrown Citadel Strat Guides
- Lady Deathwhisper Strat - 2nd
- Heroic Lady Deathwhisper
- Blood Prince Council Strat: 4th
- Festergut Strat - 5th
- Professor Putricide Strat - 7th
- Blood Queen Lana'thel Strat: 9th
- Valithria Dreamwalker Strat: 10th
- Deathbringer Saurfang Strat
- Gunship Battle Strat
- Heroic Blood Prince Council
- Heroic Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang
- Heroic Festergut
- Heroic Gunship Battle
- Heroic Lord Marrowgar
- Heroic Rotface
- Lich King Strat - Final
- Lord Marrowgar Strat - 1st
- Rotface Strat
- Sindragosa Strat
- Mega Bloks - Goblin Zeppelin Ambush
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P1
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P14
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P2
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P3
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P4
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P5
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P6
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P7
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P8
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P9
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P10
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P11
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P12
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P13
- 1.5 Million in Items & Gold Giveaway
- Best Quest EVER!
- Bored Antics - Best Travel Service
- Holiday Achieve Guides
- New Darkmoon Faire Guide
- Hallow's End: Achievement Guide
- Pilgrim's Bounty Guide
- Winter Veil: Achievement Guide
- Lunar Festival: Achievement Guide
- Children's Week: Achievements & Pets Guide
- Day of the Dead: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Best Egg Hunting Towns
- Midsummer Festival: Achievement Guide
- Love is in the Air: Achievement Guide
- Lovely Charm Farm Spots
- Tarou's Gaming Comp Setup
- Cata Leveling Commentary 80-85
- Gearing Up at 80
- Jeeves the Butler Eng Guide
- Leveling 1-80 Tips
- 1 Million Christmas Giveaway
- 5k Mysterious Fortune Card Fun
- Guild Finder & Recruiter Guide
- How to: Fraps Tutorial
- Tarou Gets Personal
- Top 8 Stereotypes of WoW
- What if: Mages Removed
- A Thank You to Everyone!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.1 - Stop Clicking!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.2 - Nice Skills Nub!
- Class/Spec Guides
- Poke Pets
- WoD: How to Get the Fruit Hunter Pet!
- WoD: How to Get the Sky-Bo Pet!
- Pet Series Ep.9 - Terrible Turnip
- Pet Series Ep.8 - Mr. Grubbs
- Pet Series Ep.7 - Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Pet Series Ep.6 - Giant Sewer Rat!
- Pet Series Ep.5 - Firefly & Sporebat!
- Pet Series Ep.4 - Baby Crocs x 4!
- Pet Series Ep.3 - Blue/Gold Mini Jouster!
- Pet Series Ep.2 - Crimson Whelpling!
- Pet Series Ep.1 - Phoenix Hatchling!
- Mists of Pandaria: Flying, Craftable PvP Sets, & More
- Server Transfer & Characters
- Upgrading Gear w/ Pts Tips
- Mists of Pandaria: Female Pandaren
- Mists of Pandaria: Grand Expedition Yak
- Mists of Pandaria: SM & Scholo Heroics
- Mists of Pandaria: The Jade Forest
- Mists of Pandaria: Valley of the Four Winds
- Mists of Pandaria: Beta Mini's
- Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Modes
- Mists of Pandaria: Fake Beta Email
- Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk
- Mists of Pandaria: Pokemon
- Mists of Pandaria: Talents
- Mists of Pandaria: Thoughts
- Mists of Pandaria: Trailer
- Mists of Pandaria: Trending Top 3! Ep.1
- Mists of Pandaria: Wandering Isle 1-10
WoW Smelting (Mining) Guide 1-600 Leveling | Smelting (Mining) Guide & Video Tutorial!
In this video & written guide I'm going to show you how to level Mining 1-600 the easiest and fastest way possible without farming almost at all from 1-525 and some easy farming 525-600. You'll mostly be leveling through smelting and will need a budget of around 16,000g. Don't worry though as you'll see in the video you can expect a good portion of that back while most servers will even make a hefty profit. If you have no gold whatsoever, check my Mining Guide: 1-600 Leveling by Farming instead.
- WoW Smelting Guide 1-600 Leveling | Smelting Guide: Updated for Patch 5.1 - Mists of Pandaria
- Estimated Leveling Time: 3-3.5 hours
WoW Smelting (Mining) Guide 1-525 Leveling | Getting Started & Required Mats
In the above video and guide below, I'm going to show you how to level Mining 1-525 by Smelting the easiest and fastest (about 2 hours) way possible. A good profession to farm with Mining is Herbalism and some good professions to go with Mining are Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, and Engineering. Engineering can help you get extra items when Mining nodes as well.
- Ok, to get started you'll need some Mining bags. If you don't plan to do a lot of Mining or if you don't have the spare gold, you can always skip this. You may also want to get the gatherer or +5 Mining to help at some points during leveling but it's really not neccesary since you won't be mining much at all. Next, you'll need some mats. To make things easier, I've made a list for you below. Just buy all of these to start or do it as you go. Although, back and forth to the Auction House can waste a lot of time so I suggest just buying them in advance. If you can't get all the mats on your server, try asking in trade or combining this guide with my farming 1-525 and you should be good to go.
- Required Material:
Copper Ore x 140 (98g)
Tin Ore x 70 (42g)
Silver Ore x 30 (120g)
Iron Ore x 80 (56g)
Gold Ore x 30 (120g)
Mithril x 160 (240g)
Thorium Ore x 100 (150g)
Fel Iron Ore x 260 (1,300g)
Adamantite Ore x 100 (300g)
Cobalt Ore x 120 (540g)
Obsidium Ore x 440 (1,320g)
Elementium Ore x 280 (980g): Or 2,200 (7,700g) if you plan to go to 525 by smelting.
Volatile Earth x 440 (220g): You only need things if you plan to go to 525 by smelting.
Total Estimated Cost:
1-425: 2,966g - Can start mining Obsidium Ore(425).
1-475: 4,286g - Can start mining Rich Obsidium Ore(450) & Elementium Ore(475).
1-500: 5,266g - Can start mining Rich Elementium Ore(500).
1-525: 12,206g - Can mine everything including Pyrite Ore(525)
WoW Smelting (Mining) Guide 1-600 Leveling
Ok, so now that you got all your mats, it's time to start leveling. Find a guard in your faction's major city and ask where the closest Mining trainer is. After you find them, learn Apprentice Mining. From there, smelt up your Copper Ore until you reach skill level 50 and a minimum of 70 bars. Then speak with the trainer and learn Journeyman Mining along with Smelt Tin and Bronze. Smelt all of your Tin Ore x 70 up to 75 and then switch to Bronze. Smelt Bronze until you reach skill level 90 or so. Then, learn Smelt Silver and smelt Silver Ore up to 100. Next, learn Smelt Iron. Then, smelt up your 50 x Iron Ore until reaching skill level 125. At 125, learn Expert Mining & Smelt Gold and smelt Gold Ore up to skill level 150. At 150, learn Smelt Mithril and smelt Mithril Ore up to skill level 175. From 175 to 200 smelt Truesilver Ore. Once you hit skill level 200 or so, learn Artisan Miner. For 200 to 230 you'll want to go to Felwood or Burning Steppes.
- Once you hit 230, learn Smelt Thorium. After that, Smelt Thorium into bars up to skill level 285. At 285, learn Master Miner, Smelt Fel Iron, and then smelt Fel Iron Ore up to 325. When you hit 325, learn Smelt Adamantite and smelt Adamantite Ore until skill level 340 or there abouts. If Adamantite Ore isn't on the Auction House, you can skip to the next step and farm it instead.
Now that you reached 340 you'll have to mine for 10 points until you hit 350 in Mining. No biggy though as it goes pretty quick. Get a portal to Shattrath and fly over into Nagrand or take the portal and fly from Hellfire. Once in Nagrand, follow the route I have on the map below and make sure to go into any caves that have regular Adamantite nodes. Don't worry about Rich Adamantite unless you're 345 and have your gloves enchanted with plus 5 to Mining.
Some people reported in my 1-525 by farming Mining guide that Nagrand lacked nodes which while I've never found that to be the case I trust my veiwers so, if you do have promblems with Nagrand you can hop over to Zangramarsh, Blade's Edge Mountains, or take the portal from Shattrath to Isle of Quel'Danas. I've gone ahead and added those maps below.
Once you've hit 350, hearth back to Orgrimmar or Stormwind, see your trainer, learn Grand Master Miner, and Smelt Cobalt. Then, smelt Cobalt up to skill level 375. It's ok if you don't reach 375 since you're going to have to farm a little now anyway. Next, take the zep or boat to Borean Tundra in Northrend and follow the route I have laid out on the map below until you reach skill level 400. It'll probably take 20-25 minutes or about two, two and a half laps.
- After you hit 400, cross over into Sholazar Basin and start following the route I have on the map below. Sholazar Basin is a pretty peaceful place these days and shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes which is around two laps.
- After you hit 425, your hearth should be off cooldown so head back to the Mining trainer in Org or Stormwind.
- Once back in town, learn Illustrious Grand Master Miner, Smelt Saronite, and Smelt Obsidium. Then, smelt Obsidium Ore until reaching skill level 475. This takes a crazy 440 ore so if you just wanted to be able to level Mining or farm in Cataclysm zones, you can stop here and check my website for some great farming routes that'll help you level and make gold at the same time. If your goal is maxing out Mining in town before heading out then stick with this video until you reach 525 in Mining or there abouts. After you hit 475, learn Smelt Elementium and decide if you want to continue or just go out and Mine. 475 to 500 isn't so bad but requires 280 Elementium Ore plus or minus to get to skill level 500. If you plan to smelt your way up to 525, you should smelt 2,200 Elementium Ore instead or buy the difference in Elementium Bars, if you don't feel like smelting so many. If you decide to buy the bars, rather than smelt them, you'll need to buy 960 plus or minus to go from 500-525. It gets extremely expensive at this point but also can be very profitable. On my server I make a nice chunk of gold by smelting Hardened Elementium but other servers may not be so lucky. Check yours to see how it would do and decide if you should just go to Uldum and mine 500-525 or sink the gold into leveling it by smelting instead. If you're going to farm it, check my website for some routes. Ok, so anyone wanting to smelt up to 525, go ahead and smelt 110 Hardened Elementium Bars or until you reach 525 in Mining.
WoW Smelting (Mining) Guide 1-600 Leveling | Gold Back in Profit!
- Ok, so after a little over two hours, I finally hit 525 in Mining. Grats to everyone who hit or will hit 525 as well. The last thing you wanna do is list everything you smelted and mined up and see how much gold you made. I'll list everything for 12 hours undercutting any competition.
Alright so after a few days everything sold and looks like no matter where you stopped leveling you should break even or make a little bit gold. Anyone who stuck with it until 525 may have gotten a big surprise to see how much gold could be made with just smelting Hardened Elementium Bars. It takes a little bit of time but is super easy to do and well worth the effort. Smelting Pryite Ore into bars can sometimes have the same affect along with others ores as well so check your server's Auction House to see how you can make bank by hitting a smelt button once and going afk to munch on some snacks. Yep, it's that easy.
Copper Bar x 70 = 70g
Bronze Bar x 140 = 196g
Silver Bar x 30 = 180g
Iron Bar x 80 = 56g
Gold Bar x 30 = 24g
Mithril Bar x 160 = 240g
Thorium Bar x 100 = 150g
Fel Iron Bar x 130 = 1,235g
Adamantite Bar x 50 = 400g
Cobalt Bar x 60 = 288g
Obsidium Bar x 220 = 1,760g
Elementium Bar x 140 = 1,330g Or 0g if went to 525 through smelting.
Hardened Elementium Bar x 110 = 20,350g Or 0g if you stopped at skill level 500.
Farmed Up Mats:
Adamantite Ore x 17 = 51g
Primal Earth x 2.3 = 6.9g
Fel Iron Ore x 9 = 45g
Cobalt Ore x 78 = 351g
Saronite Ore x 72 = 144g
Eternal Earth x 3 = 15g
Eternal Water x 1.6 = 19.2g
Eternal Shadow x 0.8 = 4.9g
Total Gold Back:
1-425: +2,839g(smelting) +637g(farming) -2,966g = 510g
1-475: +4,599g(smelting) +637g(farming) -4,286g = 950g
1-500: +5,929g(smelting) +637g(farming) -5,266g = 1,300g
1-525: +24,949g(smelting) +637g(farming) -15,506g = 10,080g
From 525 to 600 you'll have to mine. Currently there is no way to smelt these levels.
First, you'll want to train Zen Master Mining and hit up Pandaria. Take the portal to Dawn Blossom and start Mining in the Jade Forest or any of the other zones shown below for Ghost Iron Ore. Once you hit 550 or before if you have the glove enchant and/or the Mining Pick, you'll be able to mine Rich Ghost Iron Ore. Trillium Ore requires 600 Mining. Any of the zones in Pandaria can level you up to max Mining and I've listed the best Mining Routes for Ghost Iron Ore, Trillium Ore, and Kyparite below.
The Jade ForestReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore & Minimal Trillium Ore (Only found in the top route in the black shaded area.) Rich and reg Ghost Iron Ore Deposits/Nodes are everywhere. You really don't need a route but nonetheless a few are below. The Jade Forest is even good if you don't have a flying mount.
Valley of the Four WindsReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore & Minimal Trillium Ore (Only found in the black shaded area.) Valley of the Four Winds is another good zone for Mining. Easy access to tons of nodes. Downside here is the competition may be a bit high as some players do dailys in the area for Tiller rep and/or mine and herb while waiting on the rare Galleon to spawn.
Krasarang WildsReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore This zone has been made more popular in patch 5.1 but still lacks the amount of levelers when compared to other zones making is decent for Mining but others will still beat it out.
Kun-Lai SummitReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore & Reg / Rich Black / White Trillium Ore Lots of nodes everywhere but a good portion of them are in caves. For stealth or a decent geared level 90 this might not be a problem but anyone at the zones level will waste a lot of time going into any cave to mine.
Townlong SteppesReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore, Reg / Rich Black / White Trillium Ore, & Kyparite
Dread WastesReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore, Reg / Rich Black / White Trillium Ore, & Kyparite
Vale of Eternal BlossomsReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore & Reg / Rich Black / White Trillium Ore Vale is ok but the competition is usually pretty steep during normal hours since this is one of the busiest daily quest zones.
- Grats WoW Gamer again on 600 in Mining and I hope this video & written guide were helpful. A good profession to farm with Mining is Herbalism and some good professions to go with Mining are Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, and Engineering. Engineering can help you get extra items when Mining nodes as well. Check my navigation to the left for guides on all professions as well as the best routes for Mining to make bank with. Finally, you can check out the forums for more tips and tricks as well as ask questions about anything you wish to know.
Thanks for watching & reading^^!
"Now Go Smelt to Profit or Something!"
For an alternative you can smelt Ghost Iron Ore from 500 to 525.