- Prof. 1-700 WoD
- Cata Profession Perks/Bonus/Benefits List
- Alchemy Guide 1-700 WoD
- Blacksmithing Guide 1-700 WoD
- Enchanting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Inscription Guide 1-700 WoD
- Engineering Guide 1-700 WoD
- Jewelcrafting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Leatherworking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Tailoring Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining/Herb Combo Guide 1-700 WoD
- Smelting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Skinning Guide 1-700 WoD
- Herbalism Guide 1-700 WoD
- Archaeology Guide 1-700 WoD
- Cooking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Fishing Guide 1-700 WoD
- First Aid Guide 1-700 WoD
- MoP Prep: All Professions 1-525 Video
- Skinning Guide 500-600 MoP
- WoD Leveling Fishing to 700: Darkmoon Faire
- Gold Making
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Elixir/Flask Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Transmute Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Potion Spec
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining/Herb Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Mining Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Mining Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Cooking Gold Guide
- MoP: Skinning Gold Guide: Ep.1
- Stock Up List for Patch 5.2
- MoP: JC Gold Making Guide P1
- Farming in MoP EP.1: Mote of Harmony & Skyshards
- Farming in MoP EP.2: Mote of Harmony: Kun-Lai
- MoP Gold Making Ep.1 - 261k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.2 - 268k in 1day
- MoP Gold Making Ep.3 - 157k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.4 - 342k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.5 - 235k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.6 - 529k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.7 - 331k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.8 - 134k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.9 - 141k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.10 - 213k in 3days
- Adventures to 1mil: ALL
- Gold Capped Fun Videos
- Lowbie & AH Gold Guides
- Older Gold Making
- Mists of Pandaria: Stockpile List
- Alchemy Gold Guides
- Blacksmithing Gold Guides
- Enchanting Gold Guides
- Engineering Gold Guides
- Fishing: Best Northrend Spots!
- Herbalism Gold Guides
- Inscription Gold Guides
- Jewelcrafting Gold Guides
- Leatherworking Gold Guides
- Mining Gold Guides
- Tailoring Gold Guides
- Skinning Gold Guides
- Instance Farming Gold
- Outdoor Farming Gold
- Cooking Gold Guide - Old
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Deepholm
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Twilight
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Uldum
- Mining/Herb Gold Guides
- Archaeology Gold P4.3
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Kun-Lai Summit
- WoD: Alchemy Gold Making Guide
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- Routes (Map Drawing) Addon Guide
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P2
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P1
- Auctionator (Auction House) Addon Guide
- Bagnon (Bag Organization) Addon Guide
- Recount (Damage Meter) Addon Guide
- How to Make: Mass Turn In Macro
- SellJunk Addon Guide
- Postal (Mail) Addon Guide
- BankStack (Organization) Addon Guide
- Tarou's Custom Routes
- Auctioneer Addon Guide - Old
- Quick Auctions 3 Guide - Old
- Random Raiding Strats
- Icecrown Citadel Strat Guides
- Lady Deathwhisper Strat - 2nd
- Heroic Lady Deathwhisper
- Blood Prince Council Strat: 4th
- Festergut Strat - 5th
- Professor Putricide Strat - 7th
- Blood Queen Lana'thel Strat: 9th
- Valithria Dreamwalker Strat: 10th
- Deathbringer Saurfang Strat
- Gunship Battle Strat
- Heroic Blood Prince Council
- Heroic Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang
- Heroic Festergut
- Heroic Gunship Battle
- Heroic Lord Marrowgar
- Heroic Rotface
- Lich King Strat - Final
- Lord Marrowgar Strat - 1st
- Rotface Strat
- Sindragosa Strat
- Mega Bloks - Goblin Zeppelin Ambush
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P1
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P14
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P2
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P3
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P4
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P5
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P6
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P7
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P8
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P9
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P10
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P11
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P12
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P13
- 1.5 Million in Items & Gold Giveaway
- Best Quest EVER!
- Bored Antics - Best Travel Service
- Holiday Achieve Guides
- New Darkmoon Faire Guide
- Hallow's End: Achievement Guide
- Pilgrim's Bounty Guide
- Winter Veil: Achievement Guide
- Lunar Festival: Achievement Guide
- Children's Week: Achievements & Pets Guide
- Day of the Dead: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Best Egg Hunting Towns
- Midsummer Festival: Achievement Guide
- Love is in the Air: Achievement Guide
- Lovely Charm Farm Spots
- Tarou's Gaming Comp Setup
- Cata Leveling Commentary 80-85
- Gearing Up at 80
- Jeeves the Butler Eng Guide
- Leveling 1-80 Tips
- 1 Million Christmas Giveaway
- 5k Mysterious Fortune Card Fun
- Guild Finder & Recruiter Guide
- How to: Fraps Tutorial
- Tarou Gets Personal
- Top 8 Stereotypes of WoW
- What if: Mages Removed
- A Thank You to Everyone!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.1 - Stop Clicking!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.2 - Nice Skills Nub!
- Class/Spec Guides
- Poke Pets
- WoD: How to Get the Fruit Hunter Pet!
- WoD: How to Get the Sky-Bo Pet!
- Pet Series Ep.9 - Terrible Turnip
- Pet Series Ep.8 - Mr. Grubbs
- Pet Series Ep.7 - Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Pet Series Ep.6 - Giant Sewer Rat!
- Pet Series Ep.5 - Firefly & Sporebat!
- Pet Series Ep.4 - Baby Crocs x 4!
- Pet Series Ep.3 - Blue/Gold Mini Jouster!
- Pet Series Ep.2 - Crimson Whelpling!
- Pet Series Ep.1 - Phoenix Hatchling!
- Mists of Pandaria: Flying, Craftable PvP Sets, & More
- Server Transfer & Characters
- Upgrading Gear w/ Pts Tips
- Mists of Pandaria: Female Pandaren
- Mists of Pandaria: Grand Expedition Yak
- Mists of Pandaria: SM & Scholo Heroics
- Mists of Pandaria: The Jade Forest
- Mists of Pandaria: Valley of the Four Winds
- Mists of Pandaria: Beta Mini's
- Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Modes
- Mists of Pandaria: Fake Beta Email
- Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk
- Mists of Pandaria: Pokemon
- Mists of Pandaria: Talents
- Mists of Pandaria: Thoughts
- Mists of Pandaria: Trailer
- Mists of Pandaria: Trending Top 3! Ep.1
- Mists of Pandaria: Wandering Isle 1-10
WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide & Video Tutorial!
Below is a detailed video and walk-through on how to level Mining 1-600 the easiest and quickest even if you don't have any gold to spend. Mining is a great money making profession to have especially for Mists of Pandaria with all the new items that are possible to make with high level bars Blacksmiths and Engineers are using and ore for Jewelcrafting prospectors.
- WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide: Updated for Patch 5.2 - Mists of Pandaria
- Estimated Leveling Time: 4-5 hours
- If you have some gold and just want to power level Mining 1-600 the fastest and easiest with Mining only a few times and smelting for a majority of the time, then check out my Smelting Guide 1-525 instead before getting into the high level 600 stuff.
Mining 1-600 Leveling Video
Older 1-525 Video
- Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling Quick Sections
Mining 1-70 - Apprentice Mining
Mining 70-125 - Journeyman Mining
Mining 125-225 - Expert Mining
Mining 225-275 - Artisan Mining
Mining 275-350 - Master Mining
Mining 350-425 - Grand Master Mining
Mining 425-500 - Illustrious GM Mining
Mining 500-600 - Zen Master Mining
- Required Material:
None! You're going to Mine everything. If you have the budget though you can check out my Smelting 1-525 Leveling Guide instead that will show you how to power level Mining 1-525 with only Mining 5-10 points once.
- In the above video and guide below, I'm going to show you how to level Mining 1-600 the easiest and fastest way possible through farming. A good profession to level and farm with Mining is Herbalism and some good professions to go with Mining are Blacksmithing, Jewelcrafting, and Engineering. Engineering can help you get extra items when Mining nodes as well.
- Before you get started, you'll want to download the addon, gatherer and its data. Next, get a few Mining bags if you plan to Mine a lot when you hit 600. I bought four but you really should have three and one normal bag since gems and other junk from mobs will fill up your standard bag quickly. If you don't have the extra gold, just go with your normal bags but make sure they're empty. Make sure to get a Mining Pick. You'll also want to purchase some cheap grey/green gloves and enchant them with [Enchant Gloves - Advanced Mining] or [Enchant Gloves - Gatherer] which will give you plus five to Mining. I like the Gatherer enchant since it's around 10g. If the enchant is some astronomical amount like on my server, buy the mats for around 10g and get someone to enchant your gloves. Lastly, be repaired, have some food/water, blare some music, and have fun!
WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide 1-70 - Apprentice Mining
- Now that all the prep is out of the way, learn Apprentice Mining for your primary profession. Ask a guard in any major city to find out where the Mining trainer is. Don't forget to buy a Mining pick from the supply vendor. Also, make sure your tracking is set to 'Find Minerals' and your mini-map is zoomed all the way out.
- Alright, you can finally start Mining. You can level in any starting zone but I'll be showing Durotar. Throughout this guide and the above video you'll have zone choices but the ones I've used in the video are the ones I suggest and found the easiest to use.
- After entering Durotar, you'll just follow the route below.
- Before I forget though, open your interface options and check 'Auto Loot'. This'll auto loot everything into your bags without clicking. You'll want to follow this route for two laps or until you have around 100 Copper Ore and then head back to the trainer who taught you Mining to begin with. Then, smelt all the Copper Ore in your bags. Next, learn all available skills and Journeyman Miner. Journeyman allows you to go to level 150 and try not being a noob like me and forgetting it. Whoa, Tarou where ya going? Aren't you forgetting to actually train Journeyman. There ya go. Turn that Cowtard around.
WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide 70-125 - Journeyman Mining
- For this next section, we'll head over to Hillsbrad so hop on the Tirisfal Glades Zep if you're Horde or fly there if you're Alliance. As you can tell, I got the new air mount boots called Airhoofs. Pretty cool right. I can also disappear. Wha, bam! Where I be? Some alternative locations are Duskwood, Northern Stranglethorn, or Ashenvale. I prefer Hillsbrad Foothills whether Horde or Alliance since it is covered with Tin and has a very simple route.
- Ok, so you've made it to Hillsbrad and basically here just follow the route like I have it laid out on the map. After you mine up around 50-60 Tin Ore you can smelt it and make some Bronze bars for skill ups. From what I've found though it's quicker to continue farming believe it or not.
- Continue on until you reach atleast skill level 125 which should only take two laps or so. Then, head to the closest Mining trainer and learn everything available including Expert Miner which will let you get to 225 Mining. After that, smelt all the Silver Ore you have.
WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide 125-230 - Expert Mining
- Next, head out to Western Plaguelands (Alternatively - Feralas or the Cape of Stranglethorn) where you'll farm Iron Ore. You may also find Gold Ore which you can mine as well. Oh and I just want to mention that being able to fly and level Mining in the old school zones is a huge boost. If you don't have a flying mount then just level Mining as you level your character.
- After two laps or so you should hit 175 so, you'll want to head back to the Mining trainer and learn everything available. Then, smelt whatever Gold Ore you have.
- Next, hop on the zep to Orgrimmar for Horde or the boat to Dustwallow Marsh for Alliance and go to Felwood (Alternatively - Burning Steppes or Badlands). This place is filled with Mithril and has a very easy route. Just follow the route below around and you should find all the Mithril you need plus a Truesilver vein here and there within a lap or so.
- After you hit 225, head to the closest Mining trainer and learn everything plus Artisan Miner. For Horde that'll be Org and Alliance it'll be Darkshore. Next, smelt all the Mithril you have, train again, and smelt any Truesilver Ore into bars. You want to have atleast 230 in Mining with the glove enchant or 235 without before you leave the trainer.
WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide 230-275 - Artisan Mining
- Next, it's off to Winterspring (Alternatively - Un'Goro or Silithus). One of the most underrated Mining spots in my opinion. It has a very simple route with both Small Thorium Veins and Rich Thorium Veins.
- The west-south corner of Winterspring is especially nice since it usually has 2 to 4 nodes right next to each other. Continue Mining until you loop around to Everlook, the neutral town. Inside there, smelt all your Truesilver and then Thorium Ore. It'll gray out at 290 so continue farming from there until you hit 300. Then, go back to Org for Horde or Darkshore for Alliance and train Master Miner plus anything available.
- While you may not need them, here are some Outland trainers for Mining.
Krugosh - Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula
Hurnak Grimmord - Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula
WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide 300-350 - Master Mining
- Grats on 300 and as you fly back to Winterspring, go take a break. Get some cookies or Pizza or both. It's been a little over 2 hours so I think you deserve it.
- After your break, continue mining in Winterspring until you reach 325. Things should start to green out and it may take a few veins to get skill points but it's still faster than going straight to Outlands and farming Fel Iron. It should also only take a lap or so around the zone so it goes really quick. If you are in Silithus hop over to Un'Goro. Maps for both are just above.
- If you're in Outlands already, you can use the map below to level by mining in Hellfire Peninsula until you reach skill level 325. You can periodically smelt ore to get some skill ups as well.
- At 325, return to the Mining trainer and learn everything available. Next, grab a port to Shattrath from a Mage (or take the portal near the portal trainer in Orgrimmar or Stormwind) and fly over into Nagrand. In Nagrand, follow the route down through the bottom of the zone and only enter caves that have normal Adamantite Ore since you won't be able to mine Rich yet.
- Once you loop around to Garadar, use the little Forge to smelt some Adamantite Ore and reach Mining 340. Naturally, if you already got to 340, you can just continue on the route until you hit 350 which should take max two laps.
- If you have trouble in Nagrand, you can try Blade's Edge, Zangarmarsh, or Isle of Quel'Danas. Maps are below.
- After you hit 350, hearth back to Org or Stormwind and learn Grand Master Miner along with anything else available. If you have any Eternium, smelt that and then use it to make Felsteel. You may only get a few points but it's worth it. At this point, you'll also want to empty your bags. I just send everything off to an alt. Also, make sure to have max three Mining bags for this next part. If you have four Mining bags, you'll run out of space from gems and other items as my noob self found out. Ok, when all your bags are empty and sorted, grab the zep or boat and head over to Borean Tundra in Northrend.
- I've listed the location of a few Mining trainers for Northrend below but you can of course go to a major city like Orgrimmar or Stormwind as well.
Jedidiah Handers - Dalaran
WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide 350-425 - Grand Master Mining
- Borean Tundra has a pretty simple route but it may take you 4 or so laps to get the skill points you need.
- You can also head to Warsong or Valience Keep after a lap or so and smelt whatever Cobalt Ore you have for some easy skill ups until 375. Be aware, nodes are distanced a bit more than you may be use to especially when there are a few others in the zone farming. I had three 85's leveling Mining or farming ore in Borean so, it slowed me down a bit. Nevertheless it wasn't too bad and I ended up grabbing a rare Achievement while I was there. After you hit 395, with gloves or 400 without, fly up over into Sholazar Basin.
- Sholazar Basin is a nice change from Borean Tundra. You'll start to see decent experience from nodes and they won't be nearly as distanced and the only down side is you'll find Rich Saronite and Titanium nodes that you won't be able to mine. Shouldn't be much of a probelm though since within two laps or so you should easily hit 425 and be onto Mount Hyjal anyway.
- After hitting 425 or so, head to the Mining trainer, learn everything available and Illustrious Grand Master Miner. Make sure you wait until 425 even if you have the glove enchant or you won't be able to train Illustrious GM.
WoW Mining Guide 1-600 Leveling | Mining Guide 425-500 - Illustrious Grand Master Mining
Now that you're all trained up, head over to Mount Hyjal by using the portal in your faction's major city. Mount Hyjal is a pretty awesome place to mine.
- Each node is netting 4,620 exp which isn't bad at all. I'm only level 80 so a few downsides are the mobs rock me in my noob gear and I of course have to keep my distance from any 85 or I'll get pwned. I just make sure I'm careful not to get killed although I almost do right here. On top of that, someone thought they were gonna steal my node, I don't think so. That reminds me, always CC the mob, loot the node, and then kill it. That way if you die you get the ore atleast and also noone can steal it from you while you fight. As for the route of Mount Hyjal, it's really simple. Just stick to the line on the map and you'll be good. At around 450 you can hearth to Org or Stormwind and smelt the Obsidium into bars for some skill points. It's a quick portal back but you won't save much time at all so I don't bother with it. Oh and if you're wondering, Mining Earth Elementals can drop Volatile Earth but they won't give skill points or exp from Mining them. As I leveled I noticed I wasn't finding nearly as many nodes as I should so doing a quick /who gave me my reason, there were six or more others likely farming along with about the same Alliance. Even with the high competition, it won't slow you down too much. After reaching 475, you can head to Deepholm or Uldum. Skip the next section to the maps below.
- Since there are a lot of Rich nodes and level 85s farming in Uldum as well as Deepholm, I'll stay in Mount Hyjal but Uldum can be better for most so I suggest going there for the extra gold from Elementium Ore and better leveling route. If you stay in Mount Hyjal like me, the last few points will take a couple nodes but not a big deal really and it goes quick. My guy really sucks and you can see that refected in the hour it takes to kill a silly Dragonkin. Well, atleast I hit level 81. Mining contributed to about half the level. My experience per node has gone up to 5,732. Not too bad.
- At around lap 3 or 4, you should hit 500 so now it's time to head to Pandaria. Skip below to the 500-600 section for MoP.
- If you're still on Cataclysm you can head to Uldum. Hearth back to Org or Stormwind and learn everything that's available from the Mining trainer. Next, take the portal to Uldum or fly there if you haven't unlocked it yet. And here is the most important thing ever to succeed in leveling Mining, get rofl stomped by standing in Deathwing's fire. Or in this case, flying in it. In case you're wondering, yes people are flying from all over the zone to stand in the fire, die, and get the Achievement. Awesomeness at its best. Burn.
- Anyway, back to the leveling of Mining. The route I have for Uldum is pretty big but I'm only doing that because of the competition.
Alternatively - Deepholm:
- Uldum and Deepholm are packed most of the time. Oh and I don't think I've said this before but it also pays to have a fast computer. You will always get the node before someone and be able to fly off without them noticing until it's too late. Sorry paly, see ya. From time to time you'll find some Pyrite which is the Titanium of Cata, the highest ore but you won't be able to mine it until 520 with the glove enchant or 525 without. No biggy, you'll be there in no time. Sometimes you'll get a node near these elites and if you're 85 it's not really a problem. I'm 81 though so I cyclone the front guy, loot the node, and book it out of there before I get rocked. I do the same with level 85 Alliance. If you're a Shaman, hex won't work sorry. Uldum's route is very simple and has some pretty cool surprises. You can get 4-5 nodes spawning in the same general location. This can happen in a few locations but the most common are the ones I marked on the map. Another thing that can happen while Mining in any zone is phasing problems with nodes. You'll see the node on the map but when you get to it, it disappears. Sucks that you can't get the ore from it but you can get the skill point and experience. You just gotta be quick.
Next you'll want to train and hit up Pandaria. Take the portal to Dawn Blossom and start Mining in the Jade Forest or any of the other zones shown below for Ghost Iron Ore. Once you hit 550 or before if you have the glove enchant and/or the Mining Pick, you'll be able to mine Rich Ghost Iron Ore. Trillium Ore requires 600 Mining. Any of the zones in Pandaria can level you up to max Mining and I've listed the best Mining Routes for Ghost Iron Ore, Trillium Ore, and Kyparite below.
The Jade ForestReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore & Minimal Trillium Ore (Only found in the top route in the black shaded area.) Rich and reg Ghost Iron Ore Deposits/Nodes are everywhere. You really don't need a route but nonetheless a few are below. The Jade Forest is even good if you don't have a flying mount.
Valley of the Four WindsReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore & Minimal Trillium Ore (Only found in the black shaded area.) Valley of the Four Winds is another good zone for Mining. Easy access to tons of nodes. Downside here is the competition may be a bit high as some players do dailys in the area for Tiller rep and/or mine and herb while waiting on the rare Galleon to spawn.
Krasarang WildsReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore This zone has been made more popular in patch 5.1 but still lacks the amount of levelers when compared to other zones making is decent for Mining but others will still beat it out.
Kun-Lai SummitReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore & Reg / Rich Black / White Trillium Ore Lots of nodes everywhere but a good portion of them are in caves. For stealth or a decent geared level 90 this might not be a problem but anyone at the zones level will waste a lot of time going into any cave to mine.
Townlong SteppesReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore, Reg / Rich Black / White Trillium Ore, & Kyparite
Dread WastesReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore, Reg / Rich Black / White Trillium Ore, & Kyparite
Vale of Eternal BlossomsReg / Rich Ghost Iron Ore & Reg / Rich Black / White Trillium Ore Vale is ok but the competition is usually pretty steep during normal hours since this is one of the busiest daily quest zones.
- The last thing you wanna do is list everything you mined up and see how much gold you made. I like to list everything for 12 hours and only smelt bars when the price is worth the time.
- Congratulations WoW Gamer!! You now have maxed your Mining! Check out Mining Gold Making Guide - Mount Hyjal: Best Routes. Also, check out Jewelcrafting 1-600 Leveling Guide or Blacksmithing 1-600 Leveling Guide for a great profession to go with Mining. Finally, you can check out the forums for more tips and tricks as well as ask questions about anything you wish to know.