- Prof. 1-700 WoD
- Cata Profession Perks/Bonus/Benefits List
- Alchemy Guide 1-700 WoD
- Blacksmithing Guide 1-700 WoD
- Enchanting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Inscription Guide 1-700 WoD
- Engineering Guide 1-700 WoD
- Jewelcrafting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Leatherworking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Tailoring Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining/Herb Combo Guide 1-700 WoD
- Smelting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Skinning Guide 1-700 WoD
- Herbalism Guide 1-700 WoD
- Archaeology Guide 1-700 WoD
- Cooking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Fishing Guide 1-700 WoD
- First Aid Guide 1-700 WoD
- MoP Prep: All Professions 1-525 Video
- Skinning Guide 500-600 MoP
- WoD Leveling Fishing to 700: Darkmoon Faire
- Gold Making
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Elixir/Flask Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Transmute Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Potion Spec
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining/Herb Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Mining Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Mining Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Cooking Gold Guide
- MoP: Skinning Gold Guide: Ep.1
- Stock Up List for Patch 5.2
- MoP: JC Gold Making Guide P1
- Farming in MoP EP.1: Mote of Harmony & Skyshards
- Farming in MoP EP.2: Mote of Harmony: Kun-Lai
- MoP Gold Making Ep.1 - 261k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.2 - 268k in 1day
- MoP Gold Making Ep.3 - 157k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.4 - 342k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.5 - 235k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.6 - 529k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.7 - 331k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.8 - 134k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.9 - 141k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.10 - 213k in 3days
- Adventures to 1mil: ALL
- Gold Capped Fun Videos
- Lowbie & AH Gold Guides
- Older Gold Making
- Mists of Pandaria: Stockpile List
- Alchemy Gold Guides
- Blacksmithing Gold Guides
- Enchanting Gold Guides
- Engineering Gold Guides
- Fishing: Best Northrend Spots!
- Herbalism Gold Guides
- Inscription Gold Guides
- Jewelcrafting Gold Guides
- Leatherworking Gold Guides
- Mining Gold Guides
- Tailoring Gold Guides
- Skinning Gold Guides
- Instance Farming Gold
- Outdoor Farming Gold
- Cooking Gold Guide - Old
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Deepholm
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Twilight
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Uldum
- Mining/Herb Gold Guides
- Archaeology Gold P4.3
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Kun-Lai Summit
- WoD: Alchemy Gold Making Guide
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- Routes (Map Drawing) Addon Guide
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P2
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P1
- Auctionator (Auction House) Addon Guide
- Bagnon (Bag Organization) Addon Guide
- Recount (Damage Meter) Addon Guide
- How to Make: Mass Turn In Macro
- SellJunk Addon Guide
- Postal (Mail) Addon Guide
- BankStack (Organization) Addon Guide
- Tarou's Custom Routes
- Auctioneer Addon Guide - Old
- Quick Auctions 3 Guide - Old
- Random Raiding Strats
- Icecrown Citadel Strat Guides
- Lady Deathwhisper Strat - 2nd
- Heroic Lady Deathwhisper
- Blood Prince Council Strat: 4th
- Festergut Strat - 5th
- Professor Putricide Strat - 7th
- Blood Queen Lana'thel Strat: 9th
- Valithria Dreamwalker Strat: 10th
- Deathbringer Saurfang Strat
- Gunship Battle Strat
- Heroic Blood Prince Council
- Heroic Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang
- Heroic Festergut
- Heroic Gunship Battle
- Heroic Lord Marrowgar
- Heroic Rotface
- Lich King Strat - Final
- Lord Marrowgar Strat - 1st
- Rotface Strat
- Sindragosa Strat
- Mega Bloks - Goblin Zeppelin Ambush
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P1
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P14
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P2
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P3
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P4
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P5
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P6
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P7
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P8
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P9
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P10
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P11
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P12
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P13
- 1.5 Million in Items & Gold Giveaway
- Best Quest EVER!
- Bored Antics - Best Travel Service
- Holiday Achieve Guides
- New Darkmoon Faire Guide
- Hallow's End: Achievement Guide
- Pilgrim's Bounty Guide
- Winter Veil: Achievement Guide
- Lunar Festival: Achievement Guide
- Children's Week: Achievements & Pets Guide
- Day of the Dead: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Best Egg Hunting Towns
- Midsummer Festival: Achievement Guide
- Love is in the Air: Achievement Guide
- Lovely Charm Farm Spots
- Tarou's Gaming Comp Setup
- Cata Leveling Commentary 80-85
- Gearing Up at 80
- Jeeves the Butler Eng Guide
- Leveling 1-80 Tips
- 1 Million Christmas Giveaway
- 5k Mysterious Fortune Card Fun
- Guild Finder & Recruiter Guide
- How to: Fraps Tutorial
- Tarou Gets Personal
- Top 8 Stereotypes of WoW
- What if: Mages Removed
- A Thank You to Everyone!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.1 - Stop Clicking!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.2 - Nice Skills Nub!
- Class/Spec Guides
- Poke Pets
- WoD: How to Get the Fruit Hunter Pet!
- WoD: How to Get the Sky-Bo Pet!
- Pet Series Ep.9 - Terrible Turnip
- Pet Series Ep.8 - Mr. Grubbs
- Pet Series Ep.7 - Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Pet Series Ep.6 - Giant Sewer Rat!
- Pet Series Ep.5 - Firefly & Sporebat!
- Pet Series Ep.4 - Baby Crocs x 4!
- Pet Series Ep.3 - Blue/Gold Mini Jouster!
- Pet Series Ep.2 - Crimson Whelpling!
- Pet Series Ep.1 - Phoenix Hatchling!
- Mists of Pandaria: Flying, Craftable PvP Sets, & More
- Server Transfer & Characters
- Upgrading Gear w/ Pts Tips
- Mists of Pandaria: Female Pandaren
- Mists of Pandaria: Grand Expedition Yak
- Mists of Pandaria: SM & Scholo Heroics
- Mists of Pandaria: The Jade Forest
- Mists of Pandaria: Valley of the Four Winds
- Mists of Pandaria: Beta Mini's
- Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Modes
- Mists of Pandaria: Fake Beta Email
- Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk
- Mists of Pandaria: Pokemon
- Mists of Pandaria: Talents
- Mists of Pandaria: Thoughts
- Mists of Pandaria: Trailer
- Mists of Pandaria: Trending Top 3! Ep.1
- Mists of Pandaria: Wandering Isle 1-10
MoP: Net Millions Like Tarou - Best Gold Making Guide for Jewelcrafting! | JC Guide
MoP: Net Millions Like Tarou - Best Gold Making Guide for Jewelcrafting!
This video and written guide tutorial will show you the best ways to make gold with Jewelcrafting in Mists of Pandaria for any new or veteran JC'er. I'll compare Trillium Ore versus Ghost Iron Ore, show you some useful addons, and even give some addon suggestions.
This JC Gold Guide will teach you:
How to make gold in MoP
How to make gold with Jewelcrafting
How to make gold with JC Guide
Which is better; Ghost Iron Ore or Trillium Ore Prospecting
How to play Mists of Pandaria
How to get gold capped in WoW MoP
How to use the Auction House and flip items
Here's some addons I suggest having:
TradeSkillMaster (AH & More) - Older version but give you the jist of the addon.
SellJunk (Great for mass-vendoring items)
First, let's take a look at Trillium Ore vs Ghost Iron Ore. Which is better? Well, it depends on the price. In this example we purchased roughly 10,452g worth of Trillium Ore and 10,486g of Ghost. That gave us 52 stacks of Tril adn 214 stacks of Ghost. We won't bother comparing Kyparite since it nets almost the same results of Ghost Iron Ore but is usually a lot more expensive. We'll start with the tril and prospect it first. Here's a simple macro for MoP ore that you can copy-paste below.
#show Ghost Iron Ore
/use Ghost Iron Ore
/use Black Trillium Ore
/use White Trillium Ore
Ok looks like we're done with Trillium Ore and just need to turn the Sparkling Shards into Serpent's Eyes. I just drag them to my hot-bar to speed this up. The results are below. Not too bad but let's check out the Ghost Iron now.
Black/White Trillium Ore Prospect (52 Stacks @201g/ea.)
Wild Jade x 37 @183g = 6,771g
Primordial Ruby x 30 @56g = 1,680g
River's Heart x 32 @34g = 1,088g
Vermilion Onyx x 32 @179g = 5,728g
Sun's Radiance x 41 @23g = 943g
Imperial Amethyst x 38 @72g = 2,736g
Serpent's Eye x 32 @4.8g = 153.6g
Alexandrite x 35 @2.2g = 77g
Pandarian Garnet x 36 @2.2g = 79.2g
Lapis Lazuli x 34 @3.7g = 125.8g
Tiger Opal x 30 @5.8g = 174g
Sunstone x 34 @1.9g = 64.6g
Roguestone x 39 @2.3g = 89.7g
Total Raw Worth = 19,710g
Minus Cost = 10,452g
Grand Total = 9,258g
Ghost Iron did slightly better with rare gems than tril and smashed it when it came to uncommon gems. If we look at the raw values of both we see Ghost Iron out performed Trillium by more than 6,000 gold making it the ideal choice for prospecting. I wouldn't say Trillium is a waste of time to prospect though. Considering that the Ghost Iron took 70 minutes about to prospect whereas the tril only took 15 minutes. That being said the time saving aspect of tril makes it more beneficial when the price is 3.3 times more than Ghost or less. In our example it was roughly 4 times more.
Ghost Iron Ore Prospect (214 Stacks @49g/ea.)
Wild Jade x 38 @183g = 6,954g
Primordial Ruby x 41 @56g = 2,296g
River's Heart x 41 @34g = 1,394g
Vermilion Onyx x 43 @179g = 7,697g
Sun's Radiance x 34 @23g = 782g
Imperial Amethyst x 39 @72g = 2,808g
Serpent's Eye x 107 @4.8g = 513.6g
Alexandrite x 179 @2.2g = 393.8g
Pandarian Garnet x 192 @2.2g = 422.4g
Lapis Lazuli x 228 @3.7g = 843.6g
Tiger Opal x 221 @5.8g = 1,281.8g
Sunstone x 247 @1.9g = 469.3g
Roguestone x 236 @2.3g = 542.8g
Total Raw Worth = 26,398g
Minus Cost = 10,486g
Grand Total = 15,912g
Alright so what do you do once you have the ore prospected, in MoP it's pretty simple. You only need to worry about a few cuts for each gem since the raw uncut prices are typically higher than a mass majority of cut versions. I'll start with Vermilion Onyx cuts since I have quite a bit of them. Any gem above the uncut version will get cut if I have that cut. The fastest way to get cuts is by bypassing the cooldown and farming Spirit of Harmony. You can check out my farming in MoP video series for some great locations. I prefer episode 2. We'll do this for all the different colors and list them up for 12 hours. We don't undercut competition when there's only a few on the Auction house and instead post above them since they'll sell followed by ours.
After cuts you can use your remaining gems to make rare rings and necks. Always be sure to check their current Auction House prices to make sure you're not shorting yourself. A small amount is fine though since you'll sell more items, faster when you have a variety of items to sell.
Next, we'll make uncommon rings and necks for disenchanting. If you don't have an Enchanter you can always ask a friend, a guildy, or in trade chat. If that doesn't work out, for your next round you can just sell the gems raw while using some for making rare rings and necks.
While you're making uncommon rings and necklaces, you can have the chance to proc a rare one. Obviously these would straight sold on the Auction House and believe it or not they do quite well. If for some reason your server has super low prices, you can always look into disenchanting them as well.
For mass listing items like gems or these rare rings that we just proc'd, I like to use the addon TradeSkillMaster. I'll be releasing a video tutorial on it soon but here is a glimpse of how to setup a group for listing. I first setup a group and give it a name like rare rings/necks. Once I have that I can add the items to it selecting them and clicking add. I then go through each of the settings on the Group Overrides tab to fit the item. I ignore low duration auctions, post for 12 hours, set my cap to 4, my undercut to 1g, and my threshold to 35g which is what the DE'd mats would be worth. Then, I put the fallback price to 199g which you could set it higher if you like. Next, I set the max price to 220% and go to the Auction House pane under the TSM tab to hit post and list all the items. The remaining uncommon rings I'll send off to my Enchanter.
For the leftover uncommon gems, you could hold them until your next prospecting session or use to make more rare rings/necks. The ones beyond that can be straight listed or cut and listed but I usually don't waste my time cutting them. You can cut them and try to sell them. If it doesn't work out, vendor the cut uncommon gems and sell the perfect ones. The perfect ones can sell well but it'll take another few months and a lot of advertising before players realize the perfect cuts are the same stats as the rare gems. Which if you didn't know, can save you huge amounts of gold for gemming your own gear.
Next up we have to disenchant the green rings and necks. Start by copying this macro below.
If you don't have an Enchanter, this may be a great time to level it up on an alt or ask someone to do it for you.
Once you get the greens de'd, check the Auction House to find out whether you should up the mats or sell them as is. In this case Spirit Dust and Mysterious Essence are pretty much the same price while Ethereal Shards are cheaper but when used to make a Sha Crystal the profit works out well mostly due to it being a cooldown. It also helps to have a guild with the Bountiful Bags perk so you can get extra mats from disenchanting. We'll go ahead and convert all our Spirit Dust to Mysterious Essences so we can condense mats down for a faster sell and use some to convert up to a Sha Crystal. Finally, we'll list everything up for 12 hours in full stacks while undercutting the competition.
Alright now that we got everything listed up, it looks like if everything sold as is we would net somewhere around 44,000 gold pretty amazing considering we only paid 10,486 for the Ghost Iron Ore. Prices do change throughout the day though so you'll need to stay on top of the competition by checking for undercuts and relisting your items. I use Auctionator to check for undercuts and you can find a guide on the addon in the above navigation. The best times to watch and list, re-list on the AH are 6 to 10pm during the week especially Tuesday through Thursday. I try to not camp the AH by doing other activities ingame between undercutting competition like RBGs or raids.
Alright so it's the next day and we have about 7,500g worth of stuff still on the Auction House. We're going to loot the mailbox and see how well we did. This will show you the daily potential for Jewelcrafting and feel free to scale things down to your budget although 10,486g in MoP isn't a whole lot anyways. You can also expand into Panther mounts which are a great way to make some bank. Check my JC to 600 video for the recipe locations. They do require rep though which is why I don't sell them in this video. I also didn't include any meta gems or pets. The designs for them are found from any mob in Pandaria or the Treasure bag you get from completing the Golden Lotus dailys. If you have Alchemy you can use some of your gems to transmute into metas or even use some of the uncommon gems to transmute into rares when the price is profitable and make some serious bank.
Nice, so we finished up the mailbox looting and ended up pulling in:
+ Net Sales = 23,302g
+ Leftover Items = 7,533g
- Ghost Iron Ore Cost (214 stacks) = 10,486g
- Jeweler's Settings x 429 = 451g
Grand Total = 19,898g
This was all in the course of just over a day. Not bad and even if we pretended the 7,500g in leftover items didn't exist, we'd still have made almost 13,000 gold in pure profit. Profits are huge so far in Mists of Pandaria and I expect them to continue.
Well, that's it for my guide to making gold with Jewelcrafting in Mists of Pandaria and I hope you liked it.
Thanks for watching/reading and if you haven't yet, please subscribe to my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/ryutaroakatarou
Now Go PvP or Something!