- Prof. 1-700 WoD
- Cata Profession Perks/Bonus/Benefits List
- Alchemy Guide 1-700 WoD
- Blacksmithing Guide 1-700 WoD
- Enchanting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Inscription Guide 1-700 WoD
- Engineering Guide 1-700 WoD
- Jewelcrafting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Leatherworking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Tailoring Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining/Herb Combo Guide 1-700 WoD
- Smelting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Skinning Guide 1-700 WoD
- Herbalism Guide 1-700 WoD
- Archaeology Guide 1-700 WoD
- Cooking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Fishing Guide 1-700 WoD
- First Aid Guide 1-700 WoD
- MoP Prep: All Professions 1-525 Video
- Skinning Guide 500-600 MoP
- WoD Leveling Fishing to 700: Darkmoon Faire
- Gold Making
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Elixir/Flask Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Transmute Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Potion Spec
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining/Herb Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Mining Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Mining Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Cooking Gold Guide
- MoP: Skinning Gold Guide: Ep.1
- Stock Up List for Patch 5.2
- MoP: JC Gold Making Guide P1
- Farming in MoP EP.1: Mote of Harmony & Skyshards
- Farming in MoP EP.2: Mote of Harmony: Kun-Lai
- MoP Gold Making Ep.1 - 261k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.2 - 268k in 1day
- MoP Gold Making Ep.3 - 157k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.4 - 342k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.5 - 235k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.6 - 529k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.7 - 331k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.8 - 134k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.9 - 141k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.10 - 213k in 3days
- Adventures to 1mil: ALL
- Gold Capped Fun Videos
- Lowbie & AH Gold Guides
- Older Gold Making
- Mists of Pandaria: Stockpile List
- Alchemy Gold Guides
- Blacksmithing Gold Guides
- Enchanting Gold Guides
- Engineering Gold Guides
- Fishing: Best Northrend Spots!
- Herbalism Gold Guides
- Inscription Gold Guides
- Jewelcrafting Gold Guides
- Leatherworking Gold Guides
- Mining Gold Guides
- Tailoring Gold Guides
- Skinning Gold Guides
- Instance Farming Gold
- Outdoor Farming Gold
- Cooking Gold Guide - Old
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Deepholm
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Twilight
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Uldum
- Mining/Herb Gold Guides
- Archaeology Gold P4.3
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Kun-Lai Summit
- WoD: Alchemy Gold Making Guide
- WoD: How to Make Gold w/ Your Garrison!
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- Routes (Map Drawing) Addon Guide
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P2
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P1
- Auctionator (Auction House) Addon Guide
- Bagnon (Bag Organization) Addon Guide
- Recount (Damage Meter) Addon Guide
- How to Make: Mass Turn In Macro
- SellJunk Addon Guide
- Postal (Mail) Addon Guide
- BankStack (Organization) Addon Guide
- Tarou's Custom Routes
- Auctioneer Addon Guide - Old
- Quick Auctions 3 Guide - Old
- Random Raiding Strats
- Icecrown Citadel Strat Guides
- Lady Deathwhisper Strat - 2nd
- Heroic Lady Deathwhisper
- Blood Prince Council Strat: 4th
- Festergut Strat - 5th
- Professor Putricide Strat - 7th
- Blood Queen Lana'thel Strat: 9th
- Valithria Dreamwalker Strat: 10th
- Deathbringer Saurfang Strat
- Gunship Battle Strat
- Heroic Blood Prince Council
- Heroic Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang
- Heroic Festergut
- Heroic Gunship Battle
- Heroic Lord Marrowgar
- Heroic Rotface
- Lich King Strat - Final
- Lord Marrowgar Strat - 1st
- Rotface Strat
- Sindragosa Strat
- Mega Bloks - Goblin Zeppelin Ambush
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P1
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P14
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P2
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P3
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P4
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P5
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P6
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P7
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P8
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P9
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P10
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P11
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P12
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P13
- 1.5 Million in Items & Gold Giveaway
- Best Quest EVER!
- Bored Antics - Best Travel Service
- Holiday Achieve Guides
- New Darkmoon Faire Guide
- Hallow's End: Achievement Guide
- Pilgrim's Bounty Guide
- Winter Veil: Achievement Guide
- Lunar Festival: Achievement Guide
- Children's Week: Achievements & Pets Guide
- Day of the Dead: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Best Egg Hunting Towns
- Midsummer Festival: Achievement Guide
- Love is in the Air: Achievement Guide
- Lovely Charm Farm Spots
- Tarou's Gaming Comp Setup
- Cata Leveling Commentary 80-85
- Gearing Up at 80
- Jeeves the Butler Eng Guide
- Leveling 1-80 Tips
- 1 Million Christmas Giveaway
- 5k Mysterious Fortune Card Fun
- Guild Finder & Recruiter Guide
- How to: Fraps Tutorial
- Tarou Gets Personal
- Top 8 Stereotypes of WoW
- What if: Mages Removed
- A Thank You to Everyone!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.1 - Stop Clicking!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.2 - Nice Skills Nub!
- Class/Spec Guides
- Poke Pets
- WoD: How to Get the Fruit Hunter Pet!
- WoD: How to Get the Sky-Bo Pet!
- Pet Series Ep.9 - Terrible Turnip
- Pet Series Ep.8 - Mr. Grubbs
- Pet Series Ep.7 - Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Pet Series Ep.6 - Giant Sewer Rat!
- Pet Series Ep.5 - Firefly & Sporebat!
- Pet Series Ep.4 - Baby Crocs x 4!
- Pet Series Ep.3 - Blue/Gold Mini Jouster!
- Pet Series Ep.2 - Crimson Whelpling!
- Pet Series Ep.1 - Phoenix Hatchling!
- Mists of Pandaria: Flying, Craftable PvP Sets, & More
- Server Transfer & Characters
- Upgrading Gear w/ Pts Tips
- Mists of Pandaria: Female Pandaren
- Mists of Pandaria: Grand Expedition Yak
- Mists of Pandaria: SM & Scholo Heroics
- Mists of Pandaria: The Jade Forest
- Mists of Pandaria: Valley of the Four Winds
- Mists of Pandaria: Beta Mini's
- Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Modes
- Mists of Pandaria: Fake Beta Email
- Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk
- Mists of Pandaria: Pokemon
- Mists of Pandaria: Talents
- Mists of Pandaria: Thoughts
- Mists of Pandaria: Trailer
- Mists of Pandaria: Trending Top 3! Ep.1
- Mists of Pandaria: Wandering Isle 1-10
WoW Mining Gold Guide: Best Farming Routes Part 3
Below is an overview video and detailed walk-through on how to easily make gold with Mining, one of the best gathering professions in World of Warcraft. I'll be comparing high level Northrend zone, Burning Crusade zones, and Un'Goro. In each zone I'll be spending 30 minutes using proven routes to net the most materials. Mining can be very competitive so don't be surprised if you see a lot of other players Mining at the same time. It's best to farm during off peak times when noone is usually on. Even with some mass competition, players should find Mining a great gold maker. With the introduction of new recipes for all professions and the leveling preparation for Cataclysm, Mining is still holding strong in profit as of patch 3.3.5!
- Check out my Mining Leveling 1-525 Guide for a great way to level Mining.
- WoW Mining Gold Guide Overview - Finding the best Mining routes and zones to farm [Saronite Ore] and [Titanium Ore] and old school profitable ore.
Requirements: Mining skill level 450 or 445 if your gloves are enchanted with [Advanced Mining]
Suggestions: PvP gear, epic flyer/mount, potions, and food/water.
WoW Mining Gold Guide P3: Icecrown Citadel - [Saronite Ore] and [Titanium Ore] Farming Route.
I'll be spending 30 minutes in each zone and compare what kind of results you can expect from each so let's get started.
The first zone up is Icecrown. Icecrown boasts a decent amount of Titanium Ore nodes and some simple, easy to follow paths. Titanium Ore is where the real money is at and should always be your focus when farming in high level areas. The biggest disadvantage to Icecrown is sometimes nodes won't be accessible because of high level elites or just too many mobs to bother with. The terrain also can be a problem with the drastic elevation changes. However, the biggest advantage to the zone is the ease of combining Icecrown and Argent Tournament dailys while farming to make even more bank per day. There is also less competition than most other zones and hackers seem to be a bit lower as well.
- All that being said, let's see how I did. After 30 minutes of farming I mined up about 266.4g worth of materials.
- Items mined in 30minutes from Icecrown mining route:
WoW Mining Gold Guide P3: Wintergrasp - [Saronite Ore] and [Titanium Ore] Farming Route.
- Ok, now for Wintergrasp which is by far one of my favorite zones to farm in. I just like the simplicity and PvP atmosphere. Don't worry if your faction holds the zone or not as that doesn't matter but, it is best if a battle isn't going on so you can easily fly from node to node. You should also be helping your faction win anyway. Wintergrasp is great for Titanium Ore and also has a simple route to follow. Some disadvantages are the increased hackers present and underwater nodes that can slow you down. Advantages tend to be an overall better Titanium Ore concentration than most zones and easy to navigate terrain.
- Alright, it's been 30 minutes and checking my bags shows about 255.89g worth materials.
- Items mined in 30minutes from Wintergrasp Mining route:
[Saronite Ore] x 93 = 72.54gTotal approximate value - 255.89g
[Titanium Ore] x 6 = 66g
[Eternal Earth] x 4.1 = 28.7g
[Eternal Air] x .5 = 7.5g
[Eternal Shadow] x 3.4 = 27.2g
[Eternal Fire] x .8 = 23.2g
[Eternal Water] x .3 = .75g
[Sky Sapphire] x 1 = 21g
Uncommon Gems x 6 = 9g
WoW Mining Gold Guide P3: Sholazar Basin - [Saronite Ore] and [Titanium Ore] Farming Route.
- Ok, next up is another favorite of mine, Sholazar Basin. This zone has one of the easiest routes to follow and tons of nodes to farm. Hackers don't seem to be around but other competition is pretty high typically. Some disadvantages to the zone are less Titanium Ore nodes and increased player competition. Good things about this zone include the easy route, tons of nodes to farm, and interesting scenary.
- In about 30 minutes I mined up 169.32g worth of mats. Competition was extremely high so this amount makes sense.
- Items mined in 30minutes from Sholazar Basin Mining route:
WoW Mining Gold Guide P3: The Storm Peaks - [Saronite Ore] and [Titanium Ore] Farming Route.
- Alright, the final place will take a look at for Northrend is the Storm Peaks. This zone is usually a hit or miss type of farming zone but overall is decent. The downsides include mixed terrain that can waste time while farming, low node counts, and lots of nodes underground or in caves. On the upside though competition is usually super low and you can farm the rare Time-Lost Proto-Drake at the same time.
- An overall decent zone that netted 259.07g in mats in 30 minutes.
- Items mined in 30minutes from the Storm Peaks Mining route:
[Saronite Ore] x 64 = 49.92gTotal approximate value - 259.07g
[Titanium Ore] x 11 = 121g
[Eternal Earth] x 3.4 = 23.8g
[Eternal Air] x 1 = 15g
[Eternal Shadow] x 1.1 = 8.8g
[Eternal Fire] x 1.2 = 34.8g
[Eternal Water] x 1.1 = 2.75g
Uncommon Gems x 2 = 3g
WoW Mining Gold Guide P3: Alternative Low Level Farming Routes - Nagrand
- So in my previous videos a lot of low and high level players seemed frustrated because of immense competition and wanted some different ideas for making gold with Mining. So, I decided to show you what I use to do back in the day when I had the same the problem.
- To start, I'll take a trip back in time to some good ol' BC zones. First up is Nagrand. This use to be the hottest place to farm ore and competition was steep. Nowadays though it's like an abandon ghost town which leaves it open for easy cash farming. The route is simple and easy to follow with very few kinks. You can quickly amass a great amount of ore in 30 minutes and top that with some hard to find Khorium and the farmed up mats are worth some nice headache free gold.
- I ended up with 605.5g in mats after my 30 minute session. Yep, Nagrand really is that insanely good.
- Items mined in 30minutes from Nagrand Mining route:
[Adamantite Ore] x 123 = 442.8gTotal approximate value - 605.5g
[Eternium Ore] x 16 = 20g
[Khorium Ore] x 8 = 34g
[Fel Iron Ore] x 12 = 30g
[Primal Earth] x 9.7 = 48.5g
[Primal Fire] x .4 = 5.2g
[Star of Elune] x 1 = 7g
Uncommon Gems x 3 = 18g
WoW Mining Gold Guide P3: Alternative Low Level Farming Routes - Netherstorm
- Moving along to another great BC zone, Netherstorm. This was also pretty popular back in the day for farming ore but has also been abandoned. That's great for any lower levels who want some extra gold while they level or high levels sick of the competition in Northrend. Another simple route with a bit of cave exploring for some nice gold in mats.
- Looks like after 30 minutes I ended up with around 363.75g.
- Items mined in 30minutes from Netherstorm Mining route:
WoW Mining Gold Guide P3: Alternative Low Level Farming Routes - Un'Goro
- Finally, I want to go back even further in time to classic WoW and check out one of my old school favorite farming zones, Un'Goro. I honestly use to spend hours and hours on Fire Plume farming Essence of Fire or whatever they were called and Rich Thorium Viens. Good times. Un'Goro has the simplest farming route out of any other zone and an insane amount of regular and Rich Thorium veins perfectly placed along the outskirts of the zone for easy farming.
- After about 30 minutes I netted 343.15g in mats.
- Items mined in 30minutes from Un'Goro Mining route:
WoW Mining Gold Guide Part 3: Auctioning, Final Notes, & Totals
- Wow, so those three old school zones were pretty awesome gold wise. So why not just farm those everyday all day right. Well, those mats aren't as in demand as currently used mats like Saronite Ore and Titanium Ore so you'll hit the daily sales cap or demand max fairly quickly. Try it out on your server and find the daily average max and farm according to that. Of course if you're a low level you'll have no choice but to farm them but, you can mix it up a bit.
- For listing the items, I use a combination of Quick Auctions 3 and Auctioneer. For guides on these as well as the Auction House in general check the navigation to the left. Ok, so farmed up mats like this I only list for 12 hours, stacks for ore, and singles for gems and Eternals. If the difference in price between ore and bars is a lot, smelt them into bars and post those instead. You could also use the materials to make Titansteel Bars and sell those instead for a bit more profit.
- Alright, so after all that farming let's compare each zone to see which faired better than others. Everything took less than a day to sell and prices were pretty average.
Icecrown netted 266.4g in 30 minutes
Wintergrasp netted 255.89g in 30 minutes
Scholazar Basin netted 169.32g in 30 minutes
The Storm Peaks netted 259.07g in 30 minutes
Nagrand netted 605.5g in 30 minutes
The Netherstorm netted 363.75g in 30 minutes
and finally, Un'Goro netted 343.15g in 30 minutes
Total of 2,263.08g in 3.5 hours.
Some luck is involved with Mining and it may take you a few tries to get use to a new route. Don't be afraid to switch things up and find what zone and path works best for you. And like I've said in just about every video, farming doesn't have to suck. Make it more fun by talking with friends on vent or IRL, blaring some music, watching TV, combine with Dailys, or do whatever is fun for you.
Well, I hope this video was helpful to all the WoW players out there and if you have any questions or comments please post them below. Also, please subscribe and visit tarouwowguides.com for more free WoW guides that help all players have more fun and get rich in the World of Warcraft!
Thanks for watching and reading this guide!
'Now Go Farm or Somethin'
Farm tte nani?
Good luck and I hope you enjoyed this guide. If you have any suggestions, comments, or feedback, please make a post on our forums.