- Prof. 1-600 MoP
- Cata Profession Perks/Bonus/Benefits List
- Alchemy Guide 1-600 MoP
- Blacksmithing Guide 1-600 MoP
- Enchanting Guide 1-600 MoP
- Inscription Guide 1-600 MoP
- Engineering Guide 1-600 MoP
- Jewelcrafting Guide 1-600 MoP
- Leatherworking Guide 1-600 MoP
- Tailoring Guide 1-600 MoP
- Mining Guide 1-600 MoP
- Mining/Herb Combo Guide 1-600 MoP
- Smelting Guide 1-600 MoP
- Skinning Guide 1-600 MoP
- Herbalism Guide 1-600 MoP
- Archaeology Guide 1-600 MoP
- Cooking Guide 1-600 MoP
- Fishing Guide 1-600 MoP
- First Aid Guide 1-600 MoP
- MoP Leveling Fishing to 600: Darkmoon Faire
- MoP Prep: All Professions 1-525 Video
- MoP: Jewelcrafting to 600 - Early Days Gold Making
- Skinning Guide 500-600 MoP
- Gold Making
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Elixir/Flask Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Transmute Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Potion Spec
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining/Herb Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Mining Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Mining Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Cooking Gold Guide
- MoP: Skinning Gold Guide: Ep.1
- Stock Up List for Patch 5.2
- MoP: JC Gold Making Guide P1
- Farming in MoP EP.1: Mote of Harmony & Skyshards
- Farming in MoP EP.2: Mote of Harmony: Kun-Lai
- MoP Gold Making Ep.1 - 261k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.2 - 268k in 1day
- MoP Gold Making Ep.3 - 157k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.4 - 342k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.5 - 235k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.6 - 529k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.7 - 331k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.8 - 134k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.9 - 141k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.10 - 213k in 3days
- Adventures to 1mil: ALL
- Gold Capped Fun Videos
- Lowbie & AH Gold Guides
- Older Gold Making
- Mists of Pandaria: Stockpile List
- Alchemy Gold Guides
- Blacksmithing Gold Guides
- Enchanting Gold Guides
- Engineering Gold Guides
- Fishing: Best Northrend Spots!
- Herbalism Gold Guides
- Inscription Gold Guides
- Jewelcrafting Gold Guides
- Leatherworking Gold Guides
- Mining Gold Guides
- Tailoring Gold Guides
- Skinning Gold Guides
- Instance Farming Gold
- Outdoor Farming Gold
- Cooking Gold Guide - Old
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Deepholm
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Twilight
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Uldum
- Mining/Herb Gold Guides
- Archaeology Gold P4.3
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Kun-Lai Summit
- Routes (Map Drawing) Addon Guide
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P2
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P1
- Auctionator (Auction House) Addon Guide
- Bagnon (Bag Organization) Addon Guide
- Recount (Damage Meter) Addon Guide
- How to Make: Mass Turn In Macro
- SellJunk Addon Guide
- Postal (Mail) Addon Guide
- BankStack (Organization) Addon Guide
- Tarou's Custom Routes
- Auctioneer Addon Guide - Old
- Quick Auctions 3 Guide - Old
- 1.5 Million in Items & Gold Giveaway
- Best Quest EVER!
- Bored Antics - Bext Travel Service
- Holiday Achieve Guides
- New Darkmoon Faire Guide
- Hallow's End: Achievement Guide
- Pilgrim's Bounty Guide
- Winter Veil: Achievement Guide
- Lunar Festival: Achievement Guide
- Children's Week: Achievements & Pets Guide
- Day of the Dead: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Best Egg Hunting Towns
- Midsummer Festival: Achievement Guide
- Love is in the Air: Achievement Guide
- Lovely Charm Farm Spots
- Mega Bloks - Goblin Zeppelin Ambush
- Tarou's Gaming Comp Setup
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P1
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P14
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P2
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P3
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P4
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P5
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P6
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P7
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P8
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P9
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P10
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P11
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P12
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P13
- Cata Leveling Commentary 80-85
- Gearing Up at 80
- Icecrown Citadel Strat Guides
- Lady Deathwhisper Strat - 2nd
- Heroic Lady Deathwhisper
- Blood Prince Council Strat: 4th
- Festergut Strat - 5th
- Professor Putricide Strat - 7th
- Blood Queen Lana'thel Strat: 9th
- Valithria Dreamwalker Strat: 10th
- Deathbringer Saurfang Strat
- Gunship Battle Strat
- Heroic Blood Prince Council
- Heroic Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang
- Heroic Festergut
- Heroic Gunship Battle
- Heroic Lord Marrowgar
- Heroic Rotface
- Lich King Strat - Final
- Lord Marrowgar Strat - 1st
- Rotface Strat
- Sindragosa Strat
- Jeeves the Butler Eng Guide
- Leveling 1-80 Tips
- 1 Million Christmas Giveaway
- 5k Mysterious Fortune Card Fun
- Guild Finder & Recruiter Guide
- How to: Fraps Tutorial
- Random Raiding Strats
- Tarou Gets Personal
- Top 8 Stereotypes of WoW
- What if: Mages Removed
- A Thank You to Everyone!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.1 - Stop Clicking!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.2 - Nice Skills Nub!
- Class/Spec Guides
- Poke Pets
- Pet Series Ep.9 - Terrible Turnip
- Pet Series Ep.8 - Mr. Grubbs
- Pet Series Ep.7 - Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Pet Series Ep.6 - Giant Sewer Rat!
- Pet Series Ep.5 - Firefly & Sporebat!
- Pet Series Ep.4 - Baby Crocs x 4!
- Pet Series Ep.3 - Blue/Gold Mini Jouster!
- Pet Series Ep.2 - Crimson Whelpling!
- Pet Series Ep.1 - Phoenix Hatchling!
- Mists of Pandaria: Flying, Craftable PvP Sets, & More
- Server Transfer & Characters
- Upgrading Gear w/ Pts Tips
- Mists of Pandaria: Female Pandaren
- Mists of Pandaria: Grand Expedition Yak
- Mists of Pandaria: SM & Scholo Heroics
- Mists of Pandaria: The Jade Forest
- Mists of Pandaria: Valley of the Four Winds
- Mists of Pandaria: Beta Mini's
- Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Modes
- Mists of Pandaria: Fake Beta Email
- Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk
- Mists of Pandaria: Pokemon
- Mists of Pandaria: Talents
- Mists of Pandaria: Thoughts
- Mists of Pandaria: Trailer
- Mists of Pandaria: Trending Top 3! Ep.1
- Mists of Pandaria: Wandering Isle 1-10
Cataclysm | WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Transmute Specialization
Below is an overview and detailed walk-through on how to easily use Alchemy - Transmute Specialization to make a very good amount of gold every day. This Alchemy Gold Guide will cover all the basics you need to know so you easily optimize your Alchemy profession efficiently and get back to general gameplay quickly. As shown in the video and information below, Alchemy makes me around 4,900++ gold a day in profit and really is a wonderful profession! Please enjoy this Alchemy Gold Making Guide and if you have any questions or feedback feel free to post them on our forums.
- WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Transmute Specialization Patch 4.0.3a/4.0.6: Overview - Purchase mats, transmute, and sell various Alchemy items.
Estimated daily time spent: < 30minutes.
Begin by near maxing out Alchemy with my Alchemy Guide 1-525 Leveling.
WoW Alchemy Gold Guide - Transmutation Specialization: Getting Started & Getting Materials.
In this Alchemy Gold Making Guide, I'll be focusing on the Transmute Spec'd side of Alchemy. To get started you'll need to have Alchemy leveled up decently and if you need help with that, check out Alchemy Guide 1-525 Leveling. Some good professions to go with Alchemy Transmute Spec are Herbalism and Jewelcrafting. If you plan to maybe do Flasks or Potions then Herbalism would be the better of the two. You also need to have the Transmute Specialization. Just head to Netherstorm - Stormspire with 4 x Primal Mights in your bag and see Zarevhi. If you had a specialization prior like for Potion or Elixirs (flasks), then just see the person you got it from, unlearn it for 150g and go to Netherstorm - Stormspire to see Zarevhi without bringing the Primal Mights.
- Suggested Addons:
- Alright, now that the initial prep is out of the way, you can start banking with Trans Alchemy. I like to start the day off getting mats for whichever CD I plan to do. Today, I'm going with Living Elements but you could also do Truegold. As for which is better, it's all about your luck. I have horrible luck and found Living Elements made me more gold over a week when making this video. It's up to you really and how your server is. I'm only buying the mats even though the CD isn't up because if you wait until cooldown reset time at midnight, it'll cost a lot more due to the increased demand.
- Checking on mats everyday will get you familar with who sells what. Pay attention and take a look at who is selling mats all the time and message them to sell directly to you at a discount. This will save you big on the craft costs. I have countless farmers listed on my friend's list who I deal with regularly to get the cheapest price possible.
- Once you get the hang of how much you sell begin purchasing mats during the weekend; they are typically the cheapest on the weekend. The main reason for this, is most players aren't actually raiding on the weekends and have a lot more time to gather mats. With the abundance of mats comes the simple economic rule of supply exceeding demand which leads to lower prices. This doesn't mean 100% of the time they will be cheaper on the weekend but instead it makes it more likely. After you get a feel for mat prices you can purchase them throughout the week for the lowest prices.
WoW Alchemy Gold Guide - Transmutation Specialization: Transmuting Gems
- Next, I start looking at rare gems that are viable for making profit off transmuting them. Inferno Ruby is usually pretty good and you can even see here it costs about 81 gold to make and we can sell it for 105 gold or more. That means even with zero procs we'll be making a little bit of gold. I check all rare gems every day to get a feel for what's worth it and not. Most aren't worth the time. So, I went with Inferno Ruby and will make 28. Got a few x 3 procs but mostly x 2 meaning one extra for that trans and ended up with 38 total. Now to go ahead and list them up on the Auction House. For uncut gems I like to list them for 12 hours with a slight undercut. While I'm going to list them as uncut, it really is ideal for you to cut them if you can. Get a friend, guildy, or someone in trade to cut you something popular and you'll get a nice bonus from them. As I'm about to list them I notice one Inferno Ruby up for 90 gold. When you're listing any item, if you see one up for cheap, buy it out and list yours for the normal price. I'll go ahead and list mine for about 130 gold and list 10 out of my 38. You don't want to list too many or you'll lose your Auction House deposit due to the competition undercutting you. This can really add up. Because demand is so high, within in minutes I'm already selling a bunch of Inferno Rubies.
- The next thing I like to transmute is meta gems. I'll start with the new Shadowspirit Diamond. First, check the price of the meta and the mats to see if it's worth it. With any transmute imagine you aren't getting any procs. That way no matter what, you shouldn't lose any gold. Most mats were decently priced although Nightstone was about 89g each. This is fairly normal because of its high demand. Shadowspirit Diamonds are about 583 gold right now and we'll transmute 17 of them. Each transmute makes two gems and looks like we got three or one extra right off the bat. After I trans them, I like to see how many proc'd. I can sell 80, had 39 in my bags, and made 17 casts which makes 34 for a total of 7 extra or 41 overall. That's not bad and a bit on the lucky side. Prices have also dropped recently so the profit margin is less than what you'll find me getting but very good nonetheless. Finally, I throw ten up for 12 hours but just like with Inferno Rubies or any gem for that matter, try getting them cut before listing them if it's a big difference in price which 9 times out of 10, it is.
WoW Alchemy Gold Guide - Transmutation Specialization: Daily Cooldown & Oldschool Metas
- Next, on to my daily cooldown. I try doing my Living Elements transmute a little after midnight or around 6pm once the Truegold transmuters have bought out all the Volatile Air and other Volatiles. This way I can get the max price for my transmute. Remember though, if you're buying mats for Truegold or any other transmute, do it during the day when prices are normal. Also, see what the most expensive Volatile is on your server and trans that. Mine is air, so I take a quick portal to Uldum, transmute the lifes to airs, and then head back to the Auction House to list them for 12 hours undercutting any competition. The place you trans at decides what Volatile you'll get.
Uldum: Volatile Air
Mount Hyjal: Volatile Fire
Vashj'ir: Volatile Water
Deepholm: Volatile Earth
- Now today nothing extra proc'd but I usually get 14 or so of another Volatile. This really adds up but for my server, Truegold is once again more worth it. Check your servers prices and see which would work best for you. Some players may not have 700g or whatever to spend on mats for Truegold so, 75g for Living Elements mats is really the way to go. You should make about double what you could sell a Truegold CD for on most servers. If you do sell a Truegold CD, make sure you specify if you want to keep procs, split them or what not with the other player first. Oh nice, those Volatile Air sold pretty much right away.
- The very last thing I like to do is check for old school Wrath metas. The mats right now are insanely cheap and well worth transmuting. I can put together a Skyflare Diamond for 7-8 gold and an Earthsiege Diamond for a measely 7-8 gold as well. I highly recommend having a JC cut these into a popular meta. That 7-8 gold can get you 100-150 gold or more depending on the cut which is an insane profit margin. In the last 30 days I've made about 60,000 gold in profit off of them.
- Wrath Metas should start to die down the closer we get to Patch 4.0.6. From there, sales will be slow. Only the most patient sellers should continue in my opinion after Patch 4.0.6.
WoW Alchemy Gold Guide - Transmutation Specialization: Sales & Profit Totals
- Alright, so it's been two days and time to see what sold, what didn't, and what the total profit was.
- Inferno Ruby x 28 transmutes + 10 procs = 2,268g
Inferno Ruby Cost = 59.68g each
+4,598g in net sales (38 sold @ 121g ea.)
- 2,268g in mats
= 2,330g in net profit
Shadowspirit Diamond x 17 (x2) transmutes + 7 procs = 8,568g
Shadowspirit Diamond Cost = 208.98g each
+9,328g in net sales (16 sold @ 583g ea.)
- 3,343.68g in mats
= 5,984.32g in net profit
Living Elements x 1 transmutes + 0 procs = 82.65g
Volatile Life Cost = 5.51g ea.
Converted to Volatile Air x 16 = 560.8g (35.05g ea.)
+560.8g in net sales (16 sold @ 35.05g ea.)
- 82.65g in mats
= 478.15g in net profit
Earthsiege Diamond x 12 transmutes + 5 procs = 66.6g
Earthsiege Diamond Cost = 5.55g ea.
+663g in net sales (17 sold @ 39g ea.)
- 66.6g in mats
= 596.4g in net profit
Skyflare Diamond x 12 transmutes + 4 procs = 69.03g
Skyflare Diamond Cost = 5.75g ea.
+464g in net sales (16 sold @ 29g ea.)
- 69.03g in mats
= 394.97g in net profit
Bringing a grand total of:
+ 15,613.8g in net sales
- 5,829.96g in mats
= 9,783.84g in net profit for two days or
= 4,891.92g in net profit per day
- Now just think if all that was cut it would have been around 4,000 gold per day more. It's almost always worth it to ask some friends, guildies, or tradechat to make some cuts. Having Jewelcrafting yourself is even better. Check my Jewelcrafting Guide 1-525 Leveling for an easy and efficient way to level Jewelcrafting.
- If you have any questions at all, write them in the comments on my website or below and I'll go over them in a follow up FAQ video for Alchemy trans spec.
- That's it for this Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Transmute Spec and I hope you liked it.
- Thanks for watching & reading^^!
- "Now Go Trans Some Stuff or Something!"
- Other Alchemy Gold Making Guide: Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir/Flask Spec
- Remember, World of Warcraft isn't just about making gold and really should be the smallest part of your playtime. I hope this guide will help you get rich but at the same time free up farm time so you can actually enjoy the game for what it is meant to be; fun! So, don't sit at your computer 24-7 just to make gold. Go out, raid, PvP, whatever, just make sure to have fun (^_^)v.