- Prof. 1-700 WoD
- Cata Profession Perks/Bonus/Benefits List
- Alchemy Guide 1-700 WoD
- Blacksmithing Guide 1-700 WoD
- Enchanting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Inscription Guide 1-700 WoD
- Engineering Guide 1-700 WoD
- Jewelcrafting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Leatherworking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Tailoring Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining Guide 1-700 WoD
- Mining/Herb Combo Guide 1-700 WoD
- Smelting Guide 1-700 WoD
- Skinning Guide 1-700 WoD
- Herbalism Guide 1-700 WoD
- Archaeology Guide 1-700 WoD
- Cooking Guide 1-700 WoD
- Fishing Guide 1-700 WoD
- First Aid Guide 1-700 WoD
- MoP Prep: All Professions 1-525 Video
- Skinning Guide 500-600 MoP
- WoD Leveling Fishing to 700: Darkmoon Faire
- Gold Making
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Elixir/Flask Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Transmute Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Potion Spec
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining/Herb Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Mining Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Mining Guide - Kun-Lai Summit
- MoP: Cooking Gold Guide
- MoP: Skinning Gold Guide: Ep.1
- Stock Up List for Patch 5.2
- MoP: JC Gold Making Guide P1
- Farming in MoP EP.1: Mote of Harmony & Skyshards
- Farming in MoP EP.2: Mote of Harmony: Kun-Lai
- MoP Gold Making Ep.1 - 261k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.2 - 268k in 1day
- MoP Gold Making Ep.3 - 157k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.4 - 342k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.5 - 235k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.6 - 529k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.7 - 331k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.8 - 134k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.9 - 141k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.10 - 213k in 3days
- Adventures to 1mil: ALL
- Gold Capped Fun Videos
- Lowbie & AH Gold Guides
- Older Gold Making
- Mists of Pandaria: Stockpile List
- Alchemy Gold Guides
- Blacksmithing Gold Guides
- Enchanting Gold Guides
- Engineering Gold Guides
- Fishing: Best Northrend Spots!
- Herbalism Gold Guides
- Inscription Gold Guides
- Jewelcrafting Gold Guides
- Leatherworking Gold Guides
- Mining Gold Guides
- Tailoring Gold Guides
- Skinning Gold Guides
- Instance Farming Gold
- Outdoor Farming Gold
- Cooking Gold Guide - Old
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Deepholm
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Twilight
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Uldum
- Mining/Herb Gold Guides
- Archaeology Gold P4.3
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Kun-Lai Summit
- WoD: Alchemy Gold Making Guide
- WoD: How to Make Gold w/ Your Garrison!
- MoP / Old Era Gold Making
- Routes (Map Drawing) Addon Guide
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P2
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P1
- Auctionator (Auction House) Addon Guide
- Bagnon (Bag Organization) Addon Guide
- Recount (Damage Meter) Addon Guide
- How to Make: Mass Turn In Macro
- SellJunk Addon Guide
- Postal (Mail) Addon Guide
- BankStack (Organization) Addon Guide
- Tarou's Custom Routes
- Auctioneer Addon Guide - Old
- Quick Auctions 3 Guide - Old
- Random Raiding Strats
- Icecrown Citadel Strat Guides
- Lady Deathwhisper Strat - 2nd
- Heroic Lady Deathwhisper
- Blood Prince Council Strat: 4th
- Festergut Strat - 5th
- Professor Putricide Strat - 7th
- Blood Queen Lana'thel Strat: 9th
- Valithria Dreamwalker Strat: 10th
- Deathbringer Saurfang Strat
- Gunship Battle Strat
- Heroic Blood Prince Council
- Heroic Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang
- Heroic Festergut
- Heroic Gunship Battle
- Heroic Lord Marrowgar
- Heroic Rotface
- Lich King Strat - Final
- Lord Marrowgar Strat - 1st
- Rotface Strat
- Sindragosa Strat
- Mega Bloks - Goblin Zeppelin Ambush
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P1
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P14
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P2
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P3
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P4
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P5
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P6
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P7
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P8
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P9
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P10
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P11
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P12
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P13
- 1.5 Million in Items & Gold Giveaway
- Best Quest EVER!
- Bored Antics - Best Travel Service
- Holiday Achieve Guides
- New Darkmoon Faire Guide
- Hallow's End: Achievement Guide
- Pilgrim's Bounty Guide
- Winter Veil: Achievement Guide
- Lunar Festival: Achievement Guide
- Children's Week: Achievements & Pets Guide
- Day of the Dead: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Best Egg Hunting Towns
- Midsummer Festival: Achievement Guide
- Love is in the Air: Achievement Guide
- Lovely Charm Farm Spots
- Tarou's Gaming Comp Setup
- Cata Leveling Commentary 80-85
- Gearing Up at 80
- Jeeves the Butler Eng Guide
- Leveling 1-80 Tips
- 1 Million Christmas Giveaway
- 5k Mysterious Fortune Card Fun
- Guild Finder & Recruiter Guide
- How to: Fraps Tutorial
- Tarou Gets Personal
- Top 8 Stereotypes of WoW
- What if: Mages Removed
- A Thank You to Everyone!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.1 - Stop Clicking!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.2 - Nice Skills Nub!
- Class/Spec Guides
- Poke Pets
- WoD: How to Get the Fruit Hunter Pet!
- WoD: How to Get the Sky-Bo Pet!
- Pet Series Ep.9 - Terrible Turnip
- Pet Series Ep.8 - Mr. Grubbs
- Pet Series Ep.7 - Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Pet Series Ep.6 - Giant Sewer Rat!
- Pet Series Ep.5 - Firefly & Sporebat!
- Pet Series Ep.4 - Baby Crocs x 4!
- Pet Series Ep.3 - Blue/Gold Mini Jouster!
- Pet Series Ep.2 - Crimson Whelpling!
- Pet Series Ep.1 - Phoenix Hatchling!
- Mists of Pandaria: Flying, Craftable PvP Sets, & More
- Server Transfer & Characters
- Upgrading Gear w/ Pts Tips
- Mists of Pandaria: Female Pandaren
- Mists of Pandaria: Grand Expedition Yak
- Mists of Pandaria: SM & Scholo Heroics
- Mists of Pandaria: The Jade Forest
- Mists of Pandaria: Valley of the Four Winds
- Mists of Pandaria: Beta Mini's
- Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Modes
- Mists of Pandaria: Fake Beta Email
- Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk
- Mists of Pandaria: Pokemon
- Mists of Pandaria: Talents
- Mists of Pandaria: Thoughts
- Mists of Pandaria: Trailer
- Mists of Pandaria: Trending Top 3! Ep.1
- Mists of Pandaria: Wandering Isle 1-10
Cataclysm | WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir/Flask Specialization
Below is an overview video and detailed walk-through on how to easily use Alchemy - Elixir/Flask Spec to make a very good amount of gold every day. This Alchemy Gold Guide will cover all the basics you need to know so you easily optimize your Alchemy profession efficiently and get back to general gameplay quickly. As shown in the video and information below, Alchemy Elixir/Flask Spec makes me around 3,900++ gold a day in profit and really is a wonderful profession that I suggest most have on atleast one of their characters! Please enjoy this Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir/Flask Spec and if you have any questions or feedback feel free to post them below in the comments or on our forums.
- WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir/Flask Spec: Patch 4.0.3a/4.0.6
Estimated daily time spent: < 30minutes.
Begin by near maxing out (Skill 510+) Alchemy with my Alchemy Guide 1-525 Leveling.
WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir(Flasks) Spec: Getting Started & Getting Materials.
In this Alchemy Gold Making Guide, I'll be focusing on the Elixir Spec'd side of Alchemy. To get started you'll need to have Alchemy leveled up decently and if you need help with that, check out Alchemy Guide 1-525 Leveling which can also teach you how to get the Alchemy Elixir Specialization. If you had a specialization prior like Potion or Transmute, then just see the person you got it from, unlearn it for 150g and go to Shattrath - Lower City to see Lorokeem who can teach you the Elixir Specialization. A good profession to go with Alchemy Elixir Spec is Herbalism. Check my Herbalism Guide 1-525 Leveling page for help with that.
- Suggested Addons:
- Alright, now that the initial prep is out of the way, you can start banking with Elixir Alchemy. I like to start the day off getting mats for whichever CD I plan to do. Today, I'm going with Living Elements but you could also do Truegold or sell your cooldown in trade. As for which is better, take the sale price minus the mats and do the one with the highest profit.
- If you're buying mats for Truegold or any other transmute, do it during the day when prices are normal. Also if you choose instead to do the Living Elements transmute, see what the most expensive Volatile is on your server and trans that. Mine is air, so I take a quick portal to Uldum, transmute the lifes to airs, and then head back to the Auction House to list them for 12 hours undercutting any competition. The place you trans at decides what Volatile you'll get.
Uldum: Volatile Air
Mount Hyjal: Volatile Fire
Vashj'ir: Volatile Water
Deepholm: Volatile Earth
- Some players may not have 700g or whatever to spend on mats for Truegold so, 75g for Living Elements mats is really the way to go. You should make about double what you could sell a Truegold CD for on most servers.
- Next, I start buying up mats for making flasks. The best time to get mats is early morning to afternoon or on the weekends. This is usually when they are the cheapest but monitor your server's Auction House to find out the best time for you. It's also a good idea to watch trade chat for bulk sellers and to setup some sort of CoD or direct trade deal with farmers if you can. Of course, if you already have Herbalism, farm the mats yourself.
- Once you get the hang of how much you sell begin purchasing mats during the weekend; they are typically the cheapest on the weekend. The main reason for this, is most players aren't actually raiding on the weekends and have a lot more time to gather mats. With the abundance of mats comes the simple economic rule of supply exceeding demand which leads to lower prices. This doesn't mean 100% of the time they will be cheaper on the weekend but instead it makes it more likely. After you get a feel for mat prices you can purchase them throughout the week for the lowest prices.
WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir(Flasks) Spec: Making/Selling Flasks & Elixirs
- Now that you've got some mats, you can start making flasks and elixirs. The current proc rate is semi-low and the max is four extra flasks or elixirs which will look like x5 but you're already making one so it's really four extra.
- The key to selling flasks and elixirs is timing. 6-8pm is peak time and as you can see in the video, sales started at around 5:30pm and were fairly slow but by 6:50pm things started to pick up fast. By 7:22pm I started to run out of flasks and looks like I also pissed someone off. Called a nerd by someone with the name, "Knowledge", rofl. Oh noes.
WoW Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir(Flasks) Spec: Sales & Profit Totals
- Alright, so it's been it's been a day and time to see what sold, what didn't, and what the total profit was.
Flask of the Winds x 36 casts + 8 procs = 8,640g - Best Seller!
Flask of the Winds Mat Cost = 196.36g each
+9,548g in net sales (44 sold @ 217g ea.)
- 8,640g in mats
= 908g in net profit
Flask of the Draconic Mind x 25 casts + 9 procs = 6,000g - Best Seller!
Flask of the Draconic Mind Mat Cost = 176.47g each
+8,058g in net sales (34 sold @ 237g ea.)
- 6,000g in mats
= 2,058g in net profit
Flask of the Steelskin x 32 casts + 10 procs = 6,144g
Flask of the Steelskin Mat Cost = 146.28g each
+5,103g in net sales (27 sold @ 189g ea.)
- 3,949.56g in mats
= 1,153.44g in net profit
Flask of the Flowing Water x 22 casts + 7 procs = 5,280g
Flask of the Flowing Water Mat Cost = 182.06g each
+5,452g in net sales (29 sold @ 188g ea.)
- 5,280g in mats
= 172g in net profit
Flask of Titanic Strength x 13 casts + 2 procs = 2,496g
Flask of Titanic Strength Mat Cost = 166.4g each
+2,070g in net sales (15 sold @ 138g ea.)
- 2,496g in mats
= -426g in net profit
Bringing a grand total for Flasks of:
+ 30,231g in net sales
- 26,365.56g in mats
= 3,865.44g in net profit for the day
Elixir of Impossible Accuracy x 8 casts + 4 procs = 140g - Best Seller!
Elixir of Impossible Accuracy Mat Cost = 11.66g each
+504g in net sales (12 sold @ 42g ea.)
- 140g in mats
= 364g in net profit
Elixir of Mighty Speed x 8 casts + 2 procs = 116g
Elixir of Mighty Speed Mat Cost = 11.6g each
+144g in net sales (8 sold @ 18g ea.)
- 92.8g in mats
= 51.2g in net profit
Ghost Elixir x 7 casts + 3 procs = 63g
Ghost Elixir Mat Cost = 6.3g each
+170g in net sales (9 sold @ 17g ea.)
- 63g in mats
= 107g in net profit
Elixir of the Master x 5 casts + 0 procs = 112.5g
Elixir of the Master Mat Cost = 22.5g each
+26g in net sales (2 sold @ 13g ea.)
- 45g in mats
= -19g in net profit
Elixir of the Cobra x 6 casts + 1 procs = 78g
Elixir of the Cobra Mat Cost = 11.14g each
+56g in net sales (7 sold @ 8g ea.)
- 78g in mats
= -22g in net profit
Bringing a grand total for Elixirs of:
+ 900g in net sales
- 418.8g in mats
= 481.2g in net profit for the day
Add Flasks and Elixirs together and the grand total is:
+ 31,131g in net sales
- 26,784.36g in mats
= 4,346.64g in net profit for the day
- 4,346.64g in profit isn't bad but when you see it took over 31k gold it'll make you rethink if the risk is worth it or not. Elixirs are good for players without a lot of gold to sink into Flasks. Just be careful as you saw some didn't net a profit at all and were a waste of time as well as some Flasks were too. To make sure you don't make these mistakes. Try getting mats for the same price or cheaper than you can sell the item for and don't count procs. That way you should always net a profit. Buying direct from other players can save you big time on the cost of materials.
- Finally, Elixir spec so far in Cataclysm is harder to have success with than it was in Wrath so tread lightly and be careful you aren't wasting your time and losing gold.
- If you have any questions at all, write them in the comments on my website or below and I'll go over them in a follow up FAQ video for Alchemy Elixir Spec.
- That's it for this Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Elixir Spec and I hope you liked it.
- Thanks for watching & reading^^!
- "Now Go Piss Off a Nerd for Being a Nerd or Something!"
- Other Alchemy Gold Making Guide: Alchemy Gold Making Guide - Transmute Spec
- Remember, World of Warcraft isn't just about making gold and really should be the smallest part of your playtime. I hope this guide will help you get rich but at the same time free up farm time so you can actually enjoy the game for what it is meant to be; fun! So, don't sit at your computer 24-7 just to make gold. Go out, raid, PvP, whatever, just make sure to have fun (^_^)v.