- Prof. 1-600 MoP
- Cata Profession Perks/Bonus/Benefits List
- Alchemy Guide 1-600 MoP
- Blacksmithing Guide 1-600 MoP
- Enchanting Guide 1-600 MoP
- Inscription Guide 1-600 MoP
- Engineering Guide 1-600 MoP
- Jewelcrafting Guide 1-600 MoP
- Leatherworking Guide 1-600 MoP
- Tailoring Guide 1-600 MoP
- Mining Guide 1-600 MoP
- Mining/Herb Combo Guide 1-600 MoP
- Smelting Guide 1-600 MoP
- Skinning Guide 1-600 MoP
- Herbalism Guide 1-600 MoP
- Archaeology Guide 1-600 MoP
- Cooking Guide 1-600 MoP
- Fishing Guide 1-600 MoP
- First Aid Guide 1-600 MoP
- MoP Leveling Fishing to 600: Darkmoon Faire
- MoP Prep: All Professions 1-525 Video
- MoP: Jewelcrafting to 600 - Early Days Gold Making
- Skinning Guide 500-600 MoP
- Gold Making
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Elixir/Flask Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Transmute Spec
- MoP: Alchemy Gold Making: Potion Spec
- MoP: Mining/Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining/Herb Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Herb Gold Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Mining Gold Guide - The Jade Forest
- MoP: Mining Guide - Valley of the Four Winds
- MoP: Cooking Gold Guide
- MoP: Skinning Gold Guide: Ep.1
- Stock Up List for Patch 5.2
- MoP: JC Gold Making Guide P1
- Farming in MoP EP.1: Mote of Harmony & Skyshards
- Farming in MoP EP.2: Mote of Harmony: Kun-Lai
- MoP Gold Making Ep.1 - 261k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.2 - 268k in 1day
- MoP Gold Making Ep.3 - 157k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.4 - 342k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.5 - 235k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.6 - 529k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.7 - 331k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.8 - 134k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.9 - 141k in 2days
- MoP Gold Making Ep.10 - 213k in 3days
- Adventures to 1mil: ALL
- Gold Capped Fun Videos
- Lowbie & AH Gold Guides
- Older Gold Making
- Mists of Pandaria: Stockpile List
- Alchemy Gold Guides
- Blacksmithing Gold Guides
- Enchanting Gold Guides
- Engineering Gold Guides
- Fishing: Best Northrend Spots!
- Herbalism Gold Guides
- Inscription Gold Guides
- Jewelcrafting Gold Guides
- Leatherworking Gold Guides
- Mining Gold Guides
- Tailoring Gold Guides
- Skinning Gold Guides
- Instance Farming Gold
- Outdoor Farming Gold
- Cooking Gold Guide - Old
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Deepholm
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Twilight
- Mining/Herb Gold Guide: Uldum
- Mining/Herb Gold Guides
- Archaeology Gold P4.3
- Routes (Map Drawing) Addon Guide
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P2
- TradeSkillMaster (AH) Addon Guide P1
- Auctionator (Auction House) Addon Guide
- Bagnon (Bag Organization) Addon Guide
- Recount (Damage Meter) Addon Guide
- How to Make: Mass Turn In Macro
- SellJunk Addon Guide
- Postal (Mail) Addon Guide
- BankStack (Organization) Addon Guide
- Tarou's Custom Routes
- Auctioneer Addon Guide - Old
- Quick Auctions 3 Guide - Old
- 1.5 Million in Items & Gold Giveaway
- Best Quest EVER!
- Bored Antics - Bext Travel Service
- Holiday Achieve Guides
- New Darkmoon Faire Guide
- Hallow's End: Achievement Guide
- Pilgrim's Bounty Guide
- Winter Veil: Achievement Guide
- Lunar Festival: Achievement Guide
- Children's Week: Achievements & Pets Guide
- Day of the Dead: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Achievement Guide
- Noblegarden: Best Egg Hunting Towns
- Midsummer Festival: Achievement Guide
- Love is in the Air: Achievement Guide
- Lovely Charm Farm Spots
- Mega Bloks - Goblin Zeppelin Ambush
- Tarou's Gaming Comp Setup
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P1
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P14
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P2
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P3
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P4
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P5
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P6
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P7
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P8
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P9
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P10
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P11
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P12
- YouTube Message Box: Q&A P13
- Cata Leveling Commentary 80-85
- Gearing Up at 80
- Icecrown Citadel Strat Guides
- Lady Deathwhisper Strat - 2nd
- Heroic Lady Deathwhisper
- Blood Prince Council Strat: 4th
- Festergut Strat - 5th
- Professor Putricide Strat - 7th
- Blood Queen Lana'thel Strat: 9th
- Valithria Dreamwalker Strat: 10th
- Deathbringer Saurfang Strat
- Gunship Battle Strat
- Heroic Blood Prince Council
- Heroic Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Heroic Deathbringer Saurfang
- Heroic Festergut
- Heroic Gunship Battle
- Heroic Lord Marrowgar
- Heroic Rotface
- Lich King Strat - Final
- Lord Marrowgar Strat - 1st
- Rotface Strat
- Sindragosa Strat
- Jeeves the Butler Eng Guide
- Leveling 1-80 Tips
- 1 Million Christmas Giveaway
- 5k Mysterious Fortune Card Fun
- Guild Finder & Recruiter Guide
- How to: Fraps Tutorial
- Random Raiding Strats
- Tarou Gets Personal
- Top 8 Stereotypes of WoW
- What if: Mages Removed
- A Thank You to Everyone!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.1 - Stop Clicking!
- D3: Noob Journeys EP.2 - Nice Skills Nub!
- Class/Spec Guides
- Poke Pets
- Pet Series Ep.9 - Terrible Turnip
- Pet Series Ep.8 - Mr. Grubbs
- Pet Series Ep.7 - Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Pet Series Ep.6 - Giant Sewer Rat!
- Pet Series Ep.5 - Firefly & Sporebat!
- Pet Series Ep.4 - Baby Crocs x 4!
- Pet Series Ep.3 - Blue/Gold Mini Jouster!
- Pet Series Ep.2 - Crimson Whelpling!
- Pet Series Ep.1 - Phoenix Hatchling!
- Mists of Pandaria: Flying, Craftable PvP Sets, & More
- Server Transfer & Characters
- Upgrading Gear w/ Pts Tips
- Mists of Pandaria: Female Pandaren
- Mists of Pandaria: Grand Expedition Yak
- Mists of Pandaria: SM & Scholo Heroics
- Mists of Pandaria: The Jade Forest
- Mists of Pandaria: Valley of the Four Winds
- Mists of Pandaria: Beta Mini's
- Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Modes
- Mists of Pandaria: Fake Beta Email
- Mists of Pandaria: Pandaren Monk
- Mists of Pandaria: Pokemon
- Mists of Pandaria: Talents
- Mists of Pandaria: Thoughts
- Mists of Pandaria: Trailer
- Mists of Pandaria: Trending Top 3! Ep.1
- Mists of Pandaria: Wandering Isle 1-10
Auction House Guide: Essential Tips and FAQs for using the Auction House!
Below is an overview video and detailed walkthrough with essential tips and FAQs for using the Auction House in World of Warcraft. Every player at some point will need to use the Auction House and the tips and faqs below should give any player a good understanding of how to be successful when using the Auction House. Please enjoy this Auction House Tips/FAQs guide and if you have any questions or feedback feel free to post them below or on our forums.
- WoW Auction House Guide Overview: Essential Tips and FAQs for using the Auction House.
WoW Auction House Guide: When to undercut.
One of the biggest mistakes I see sellers make, is undercutting stacks when listing single items. Whether the buyer has Auctioneer or not, single items will be displayed and bought first. Therefore, there is no reason to undercut stacks with single items. As shown in the video, the seller decided to undercut the stacks when they could have made 4+ more gold per flask by undercutting single items instead.
Tip #1. If listing single items, don't undercut stacks.
- The next thing I usually see is a random person undercutting some crazy amount. I don't ever know their exact reasoning but it's usually they leveled up their profession and want to 'quickly' get rid of their stuff, they are trying to intimidate or undercut you out of the market, or they think it will sell faster at a lower price. As long as you don't overprice an item rediculously, people are going to buy it whether it's 300g or 500g.
Tip #2. If someone has undercut insanely, either buy it out if it's cheaper than mat cost or simply list above it.
- Another common mistake is, undercutting an item that is ending soon. As shown in the video, the person's listing had less than 30 minutes left so there was no need to undercut them. Just list above them and let their item run out of time.
Tip #3. If the listing is ending in < 30minutes, don't bother undercutting it.
WoW Auction House Guide: Common listing mistakes.
- Another thing I see sometimes, is people who use an automated type AH addon that isn't suitable for the item they are listing. Although, I don't know if this is always the case, I do know addons like Quick Auctions can be great for Glyphs but horrible with flasks. Addons can be great time savers, but can also take some of the strategy out of listing items. I can't tell an addon not to cancel something or list something with conditionals.
Tip #4. If you like using addons, make sure to always check what you've listed the item at afterwards.
- A more common mistake is when someone lists an item in a stack at the single price. This happens when the price is set but the amount of the stack is left on its default. Since I have a conscience, I will message them and see if they want to buy it back. Usually they don't, but thanked me for my generosity. Sure this is just a game, but I still have principals.
Tip #5. Pay attention to what you're doing and again, check afterwards to see if you listed it right. If you catch it quickly, you should have enough time to cancel it.
- A mistake all buyers find annoying is, listing an item with only a bid. This isn't eBay. You are likely to make less gold and for it to take a lot longer to sell an item compared to if you just listed the item with a reasonable buyout the first time.
Tip #6. Never list an item with only a bid. This isn't eBay. Always include a buyout.
WoW Auction House Guide: Don't be forced to overpay for mats.
- Another thing I see sellers do is feel they are forced to overpay for mats that they intend to make an item with to resell. If prices are too high for the mats, try messaging the sellers for discounts or being patient for prices to come down. Some good ways to prevent this from happening in the first place, is to have someone consistantly supply you with mats you need to craft, farm your own mats, or stock up in bulk when the prices are cheap.
Tip #7. Be patient and purchase mats when they are reasonable. Remember there's always tomorrow.
WoW Auction House Guide: Playing the Auction House.
- Another common thing I hear is a lot of players want to play the Auction House but have little knowledge to do so and rely heavily on addons like Auctioneer to do the work for them. While I believe Auctioneer is a great addon, you still need to be careful and have knowledge of the items you intend to buy and resell. If an item is 30% of it's normal value this might be a great deal like you saw int he video when I buy out some Blacksmithing plans and resell them for double. But, I knew people would pay that. If I only relied on Auctioneer I would have bought out all the other plans and come to find people weren't willing to pay crap for them. Other players also know addons can be tricked and you might spend 1,487g on some bandages that are worth less than a gold.
Tip #8. Have a good amount of knowledge of any item you plan to buy and resell instead of solely relying on the automation of an addon.
Auction House FAQs.
- How the hell do I eliminate competition!?
This one always makes me laugh a bit. Not that it's a bad question, but more that it's too simple and devious. You can't just tie them up while you own the Auction House. Instead, know that, competition will always cycle in and out and the best thing you can do is one-up them with a sound strategy for whatever you're selling. Basically, let them eliminate themselves or learn to outplay them. For plenty of strat ideas, check out your profession in the side navigation bar.
- How can I get mats for cheap?
Everyone's situation is different, but I typically buy mats in mass quantities from other players at a discount, wait for the AH to be cheap and stock up, as well as farm them myself. If none of this works, I will look for other ways of making gold until prices become reasonable. There's always tomorrow and other items you can be selling.
- What are the best addons for the Auction House?
This is really personal preference, but I use Auctioneer to list and cancel items, Postal to loot my mailbox, and Quick Auctions to list Glyphs. Listed below are links to the different addons. Even though I have never had any trouble with downloading addons from curse.com, I still suggest always virus scanning anything you download.
- How do you deal with being spammed and yelled at from other sellers and buyers?
I would just ignore them or if you really care, don't do anything unreasonable to piss them off. The players asking this question are usually doing something to make buyers mad like listing an item worth 100g for 1000g or making sellers mad by undercutting them by some crazily unreasonable amount. Yes, yes it's just a game but like I've said before, I have principals and since I want everyone to enjoy the game more I will never overprice or undercut something insanely. I keep everything within what I believe to be a reasonable frame. Not only do I not get hate spam or mail, but I'm consistantly asked all day long to make this, sell me that, or thanks for X item. People even go as far as buying my items over someone else's reguardless if it's cheaper or not. Be good to people and they will be good to you. Lame or not it's a good principle.
All in all, when dealing with the Auction House in any capacity always be flexible and adapt to the situation. Every day is different and every server is different, so never be afraid to try new methods and ultimately see what works best for you and your situation. There is never only one answer to any question and there is always tomorrow.
- Finally, World of Warcraft isn't just about making gold and really should be the smallest part of your playtime.
I hope this Auction House guide will help players get rich in World of Warcraft but at the same time free up farm time so you can actually enjoy the game for what it is meant to be; fun! So, don't sit at your computer 24-7 just to make gold. Go out, raid, PvP, whatever, just make sure to have fun (^_^)v.
Good luck and I hope you enjoyed this guide. If you have any suggestions, comments, or feedback, please make a post on our forums.